[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• when I update the latest devel build my libreelec screen becomes green?

Only on startup or even after Kodi has started?

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• when I update the latest devel build my libreelec screen becomes green?

I had this with my Minix U1, I had to change Settings->System->Set Colour Space to "444,8bit" not 10bit.

2xMinix U1, Onkyo NR626 and Samsung 40" 4K TV

• In Previous kernal or build (LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-1522642177.tar) picture of movie became great in the context of sharp and cool colours and enhence contrast level.

Hi,

many thanks for developers hard work :) .

I can confirm that quality of sound in LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-1522642177.tar build (different kernel) seems to be significantly better too (up to 7.1 surround and stereo). There were no issues with sound and picture (up to 4k) on my K1 pro at all.

Best regards

JAM

• I had this with my Minix U1, I had to change Settings->System->Set Colour Space to "444,8bit" not 10bit.

Tanix Tx3

I had it with a previous devel-build on first boot.

I tried changing those settings but got no result, so selected defaults which showed now 444,10bit..

A reboot brought it up properly again - no green screen - with 444,10bit specifically selected.

ADDED:

I just reset that and got the green screen again.

This time all I had to do was deliberately set the Colour Space to 444,10bit and reboot.

It seems the default selection did not apply any suitable colour space entry?

• made some tests on my K1pro

I have still the issue that kodi gui freezes complete while zapping in live tv.

It happens when I am zapping directly between channels with different Video/audio output.

If I stop watching the channel in between then its ok.

• Builds seem to be working good here.

Can somebody explain this colour space option in the settings? Do I need to find out what my tv supports and then set it or what?

GDPR-2 Thanks for the hard work.

Matt

• some more testing feedback :

there is no video delay with my K1 pro as reported before

the official Kodi backup addon does not work ( gui stops with "making file list" ). Libreelec tar backup ok.

and I found this in kodi log :

• yes I also confirm that 2177 based build ( new kernel )is amazingly working in my Nexbox s905x (including great picture quality plus sound) plays all type of media (UHD Full Hd and 720p etc with great and glowing details) I m going back to use previous build (LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-1522642177.tar).

• Only on startup or even after Kodi has started?

Even after when kodi has started. I tried 444 8 bit then screen turns normal. Thanks to 2re.

I m going back to install latest kernel based build 2177.

• Tanix Tx3

Linux Tanix-Devel 3.14.29 #1 SMP Thu Apr 5 07:34:13 BST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-1522910001.tar

vfc.conf in /storage/.config so display is good

I had colour bleed on most HD TV channels such as BBC, so I applied

echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

which stopped the effect.

This seems - somehow - to interfere with the remote response.

It is as if the button presses sometimes are recorded but not acted upon, so sometimes I get a 'double hit' when the presses are well separated, or presses completely ignored at times.

I am unsure if it is happening only with some buttons or all.

It is not present if I accept the colour bleed by issuing

echo 0 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

I realise this is not a very satisfactory report, but the best I can do with my limited knowledge presently.

• boot2k3 if coming from wrxtasy 8.2.4 to upgrade to this devel testbuild is dtb auto updated or do in need to copy dtb from first post into update folder?

I installed data to internal an boot from sdcard. Can i update or do i need fresh install?

Thanks!

I have never used this feature, but it's better to have backup before you try.

From 1st post:

If upgrading from 7.0/8.0 builds remember to update the device tree!

boot2k3

iam runing LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.6.img on my H96Pro+ from an 32gb USB stick,

How can i update to your version?

[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

Copy the tar file into the '.update' folder in /storage, DO NOT copy your DTB, this will be updated automatically, finally reboot.