[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• I'm glad the latest devel build is working much better for everyone.

There is some more changes and fixes I would like to apply before releasing .7 but I'm hoping this can be done within the next week.

GDPR-1  The Coolest  afl1 and boot2k3 and myself are now all contributing to the Amlogic builds to make them better for everyone.

• Mainline kernel has no video drivers as I know. So not much chance for that now.

RPI3 1GB, Z4 RK3368 1GB, MINI MX-G 2GB, Mini M8S II (coreelec.org 9.2.1), H96 Pro (coreelec.org 9.2.1), ODORID N2 (coreelec.org 9.2.1), VIM3 PRO (coreelec.org 9.2.1), Beelink GT King (coreelec.org 9.2.1), Denon AVR-X2600H, LG 60SJ810V
    pel.hu

• Question, I got a Minix Neo U9-H and installed this into a MicroSD card. Device is connected to TV with HDMI. SPDIF Optical cable goes from TV to Yamaha soundbar. Using passthrough with AC3 transcoding.

First, is this valid?

<advancedsettings>

<video>

<latency>

<delay>0</delay>

<refresh>

<min>23</min><max>24</max><delay>-200</delay>

</refresh>

</latency>

</video>

</advancedsettings>

This worked on my other devices Kodi 17. It causes the video to become jerky with this build.

• Second, what should we do to avoid audio drops with passthrough and optical cable out to a soundbar? Every 20 or 30 minutes the audio drops for a second.

• Second, what should we do to avoid audio drops with passthrough and optical cable out to a soundbar? Every 20 or 30 minutes the audio drops for a second.

I would suggest installing a stable version ;)

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• Second, what should we do to avoid audio drops with passthrough and optical cable out to a soundbar?

From what I can see the procedure is report it, as you have, and provide log file / method to recreate issue as requested in OP / FAQ.

After that there doesn't appear to be any more to do but wait for it to be rectified in a later build. :thumbup:

• Nothing much to report on the Last devel.

TVHeadEnd work fine if I use the CrazyCat driver.

10-20sec freeze in picture starting movie playback.

-2re

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• i tried to set the display to 420,10bit now there is no signal/display. but i can still ssh to the box, what is the command to return it back to 444,10bit? thanks.

*fixed, i was able to use the kodi remote :)

• i tried to set the display to 420,10bit now there is no signal/display. but i can still ssh to the box, what is the command to return it back to 444,10bit? thanks.

echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

and

systemctl restart kodi

May not work, so try:

systemctl stop kodi

Edit the the guisettings.xml in userdata, look for "videoscreen.colourspace"

systemctl restart kodi

;)

-2re

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

Edited once, last by 2re ().

• Audio drops is not a bug. I feel it's like an extra level of advanced configuration that you have to do. It happens with everything.

(Intel NUC + LibreELEC 8 ) - (nVidia Shield + Android + Kodi 17) - (Minix Neo U9-H + Android + Kodi 17) - (Minix Neo U9-H + LibreELEC 9) - (Minix Neo U9-H + LibreELEC 8 )

It must be an audio synchronization issue. It happens with the SPDIF Optical cable out from TV to Soundbar. I have the switch refresh rate and sync to display but it seems not enough.