[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Done some more test on deinterlace on/off, and it looks like it only effects the streams coming through TVHeadEnd on my KI pro.

DVB-T streams are slowmo, and IP streams are "stuttering".

Later on I'll do some test with debug logging and see if something is logged.

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• Hi,

I switched from 8.2.3.1 and had a problem with the remote control. For some reason, some buttons do not work. Do I need to change the remote.conf file?

• Just a thought. Could i be that form some reason LE/TVHeadEnd think the streams are interlaced even tho there not. And when disabling deinterlacing one gets frames x 2. = slowmo?

-2re

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• Hi,

I switched from 8.2.3.1 and had a problem with the remote control. For some reason, some buttons do not work. Do I need to change the remote.conf file?

You need to set up an ir_keytable remote config which is completely different to how it was done back on the 8.2.3.1, but even when you have done this there is still a lingering problem with some keys on most remotes.

Its a problem with the way ir_keytables interacts with LIRCD and seems effect just about all platforms to some degree. There is a solution in setting up a dedicated lircd config to handle those exceptions - but last time I tried to do it I failed.

I don't know why lircd is involved in the process at all as it seems to consistently mess things up.

Shoog

• 2re , on my wetek play 2 live tv on latest devel build works very good with enabled or disabled deinterlacing . Amcodec is always enabled for all source types, framerate is set on 50Hz and also disabled noise reduction . Check on your slowmotion channels what video decoder it uses HW or SW?

• 2re , on my wetek play 2 live tv on latest devel build works very good with enabled or disabled deinterlacing . Amcodec is always enabled for all source types, framerate is set on 50Hz and also disabled noise reduction . Check on your slowmotion channels what video decoder it uses HW or SW?

am-h264 and hardware active.

ps. If disable HW, it works fine.

-2re

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

Edited once, last by 2re ().

• Update to latest devel build and you will not need to do any of this.

sorry GDPR-2, I did an fresh install of LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-1522642177.img on a SD-card,

but the HDMI-synch problem remains.

The LibreElec-boot logo appears, but when my box switches to the Kodi-GUI for the first time

(I assume with [email protected]) the TV says 'No input signal'.

As already said my Beelink is connected via HDMI to my Bose-AVR and the AVR with HDMI to my LG-TV.

Exactly this config does work with LE 7.x, 8.x and until 8.90.4.

When I skip the AVR and connect my Beeink to the TV directly (when LE is booted and my TV displays 'No input signal'),

then HDMI-synchronisation is successful done and my TV shows Estuary. Then I can change GUI-refresh rate to 30Hz and the

original HDMI-config with AVR works. When changing again from 30Hz to 60HZ the HDMI-problem appears again.

Something must have be changed in the HDMI-setting since 8.90.6. HDMI-synchronization is much more sensitive to cable-configuraton

than before.

Box: Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB/32GB SD)

running: LE 8.2.3.1 (thanks kszaq) and CE 8.90.0 (thanks adamg + afl1)

• Don't use 2160p, use 1080p.;)

Your TV only supports 2160p with 420:60hz, but this version wont switch to 420:60hz, only 422:60hz.

-2re

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• sorry adamg, I did an fresh install of LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-1522642177.img on a SD-card,

but the HDMI-synch problem remains.

Do you have try another HDMI cable with a specification of 18Gbps datarate?

I had a similar issue and I changed my HDMI cable to a newer cable with 18Gbps datarate, and the most of video issues ar gone! ;)

Paul

Alfawise H96pro+ with S912 and 2/16GB

• Don't use 2160p, use 1080p.;)

Your TV only supports 2160p with 420:60hz, but this version wont switch to 420:60hz, only 422:60hz.

LE with latest devel-version says:

LibreELEC (community): devel-1522642177 (S905.arm)

LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dc_cap

420,10bit

420,8bit

444,10bit

444,8bit

422,10bit

422,8bit

rgb,10bit

rgb,8bit

It seems to me my TV does support 422-mode.

Do you have try another HDMI cable with a specification of 18Gbps datarate?

I had a similar issue and I changed my HDMI cable to a newer cable with 18Gbps datarate, and the most of video issues ar gone! ;)

Paul

ok, I know, I can handle this misbehaviour (connect the box to TV directly, change GUI-refreshrate to 30Hz, connect again with AVR).

Drawback is, that 4k-movies with @50Hz and @60Hz cannot be displayed, only until 30 HZ. Movies with [email protected] play ok.

It makes no sense to me (and for me it is an error/weakness of these LE-versions) , that not all HDMI-configurations, which are supported by former LE-versions are no longer supported by the new ones. Or that new HDMI-cables are required...

Ok, I know we are discussing alpha-versions, I only want to report my observations. Maybe this can be fixed.

Edited once, last by pepeq ().

• You can play 2160p 60hz if you "echo '420,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr" :)

-2re

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• thanks for the hint, I will try this tomorrow...

• Anyone try the latest devel bulilds with Netflix or Plex? In my case, Netflix looks like its starting to play a program then I get an error message and Plex just has the three dots and doesn't connect.