[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• GDPR-2 thank you for doing this builds.

I noticed in this thread wrxtasy have a fix for dropped frames caused subtitle rendering for S912 devices.

Can you apply this fix for your builds or is it already included?

Thanks!

• GDPR-2 Thank you for you continuing hard work on this.

I have a Wetek Play 2 and am running you latest dev build.

Picture quality is amazing with Noise Reduction turned off. Passthrough works via toslink/optical out (I don't have an HDMI receiver!)

I understand it's an Alpha build and so do not expect it to be perfect out of the box, but I have some issues:

TvHeadend/LiveTV...if I watch an SD channel with MP3 audio, sound is fine until I watch an HD channel with ac3 sound. The HD channel sound is perfect and picture has no stuttering, but upon switching to SD channel the sound is "slowed down"... picture is fine. Only cure is reboot, upon which SD channel plays ok until watching HD channel.

If I watch ripped Blu-ray (HD source) it plays perfectly with no stuttering or audio problem. Same with DVD (SD source).

But... if I watch SD source (DVD,) 1st and then watch Blu-ray (HD source) next, I get a black screen with audio...no picture. If I jump back 10secs then everything works fine... picture and audio.

Any ideas?

• You can try to set channels to 5.1, and if it starts to get buggy again after a while, switch back to 2.0 and then back to 5.1. Works for me, but i'm using HDMI.

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• The FAQ states:

Q: How do I update?

A: Copy the tar file into the '.update' folder in /storage, DO NOT copy your DTB, this will be updated automatically, finally reboot.

I was doing an update from the 8.2.3.1 (kszaq's last build) to your current 8.9 build. Before doing that, I read all of the FAQ's and such.

I interpreted the above FAQ to indicate that I should not include the dtb because I was doing an update (eg - placing your file in the /storage/.update/ directory and rebooting)

Unfortunately after doing that, I am no longer able to get past the boot logo.

I'm running a MINIX Neo U1.

Next, I burned an SD with this image and the correct device-tree, as recommended to fix this issue.

Unfortunately I now get an error relating to mount_storage, which I've learned is a problem when attempting to boot a USB (which is partitioned with a "storage" partition) when the internal firmware already exists with a "storage" partition.

I've got as far as I can, and it looks like I know the issue, I'm just not sure how to fix it at this point.

Thank you in advance for any insight!

• Off the top of my head - you may be able to ssh in and change the 'STORAGE' label on the internal partition (or re-do the update) while the boot logo is on-screen (assuming you mean the libreelec logo).

If that doesn't work burn a v8.x libreelec image o sd / usb. That will use a storage partition labelled LIBREELEC_DISK, so there shouldn't be a conflict.

• I'm just not sure how to fix it at this point.

If that doesn't work burn a v8.x libreelec image o sd / usb. That will use a storage partition labelled LIBREELEC_DISK, so there shouldn't be a conflict.

Where x is lower than 90 ;)

• Hi,

My 2cents.

I has been awhile that I didn't update my M8S+ Pro (S905X).

I installed the "LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.6" (and new device tree) release on the old "LibreELEC-S905.arm-adamg-1.0.6" release.

Well, the build is completely unstable.

The DVDs are not reproduced properly: video and audio problems. Almost all DVD audio tracks are detected as Dolby Digital (2 channels).

After reproducing a DVD folder, the audio crashes.

I installed back the LibreELEC-S905.arm-adamg-1.0.6 release. Much better.

• Thank you trogggy and Poida , that's a huge help.

The Coolest - thank you, I did not read through the entire thread and did not see that. Although it's too late for me, I bet it will help someone else in the future, by adding that note to the original post!

Thanks again for the quick answers, super helpful!

• rkmfl

Yes, you'll have to restore your box.

The next release should not have this issue anymore, though, and upgrades from older versions *should* work fine. (as long as it's not too old, like 7.x)

• I see, that is prepared also supporting for S905D in regard to Alpha LE 9.0, ...but is not in description for this sub-webside of Adamg

• rkmfl

Yes, you'll have to restore your box.

The next release should not have this issue anymore, though, and upgrades from older versions *should* work fine. (as long as it's not too old, like 7.x)

Is this in the current dev build? Would it also work in downgrading to the 8.2 builds as well?

• Not yet. I already joined LibreELEC-AML and teamed up with GDPR-2   afl1 .

We will use the same base and I will take care of OdroidC2 support.

Many certainly will appreciate if you would also add a support for an MXQ Pro OTT (S905) device. I tried the LE 9.0 (8.90.6) version from GDPR-2 + any gxbb_p200 DTB versions for an S905 platform and my MXQ Pro just boots to a debug message.

• Habibie - what debug message specifically? If it mentions an issue mounting, this is related to what I had mentioned earlier, if you have another version installed locally and you are attempting to install from an SD/USB with the same partition name.