[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Not in my case, unfortunately.

So for any of you there are no persistant sound stutters after the stream has started/settled? Hm. Very noticable in my tests..hoping the log will reveal anything to GDPR-2

\edit:

Update:

I have tested @afl1's new testbuild which seems to resolve the sound stutter issue still present in the latest dev rel. from this thread.

Thought i might share..! :)

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

Edited 4 times, last by atreyu ().

• Update:

I have tested @afl1's new testbuild which seems to resolve the sound stutter issue still present in the latest dev rel. from this thread.

Thought i might share..! :)

[8.90.6] Audio out of sync from livetv

Regards,

Atreyu

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• Thanks for the report, afl1 has not posted these yet but when he does it will make its way in.

There's multiple issues we are working on and are aware of, I'm looking at the PCM audio issue presently and the Chroma issue.

We will get there eventually I would just ask to bear with us and have some patience, it takes time to solve issues and having a full time job and juggling a social life doesn't leave much time inbetween.

I appreciate all of the reports though, they are read.

• Got a Nexbox A95X that was running 8.90.5 (it had been auto updating for months...)

I noticed it hadn't auto updated so manually dumped the 8.90.6 into the update folder, updated OK, rebooted but box hung at initial flashscreen

Anyway managed to get it back using the latest devel image, burn to sd card, paperclip trick, installtointernal so all good just confused as it why it went t!ts up... /shrug

• Ofcourse.

I appreciate all your efforts. Very understandable these things sometimes take time.

I will do my best helping the only way i know how (user testing).

• Is there a version of the devel for the S912 ?

Patience grasshopper! . . . (I wonder how many of us can even remember the 'Kung Fu' series) :)

• Patience grasshopper! . . . (I wonder how many of us can even remember the 'Kung Fu' series) :)

Unfortunately, I am old enough to remember :(

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro (Coreelec), Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• There is an issue with start video for some channels and some video files: the picture appears several (3-6) seconds later after audio. (as was described in previous topic too)

After some test I found that this issue appears only after refresh rate switching. If I set screen refresh rate the same as in video file than it starts without this issue.

I hope it can help in something to find the reason.

GDPR-2 , please test this patch, it looks like this revert solves the problem above, tested on my S912 device

reverted 1 string from this commit:

[windowing][VideoPlayer] move renderer flush to VideoPlayer · xbmc/[email protected] · GitHub

• I just tried todays dev built and I'm still getting the intermittent "black screen" for a couple of seconds.

2xMinix U1, Onkyo NR626 and Samsung 40" 4K TV

• hi, i ve a H96PRo+ with Blue PCB CZ-S32-V5 (3gbram) with 1glan

Using LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.6.img and booting from an 32gb USB Stick.

When power off i cant use the remote to turn it on again

Buy another box or read this thread! ;)

In other words, it isn't easy with a H96pro+ to get power ON with your remote control.

The easiest way is to plug OFF/ON the 5V-Power-Supply.

Paul

Alfawise H96pro+ with S912 and 2/16GB

Edited once, last by Paul69 ().

• GDPR-2 Do you have a PayPal account? I would like to show my appreciation, just a small amount to buy you a big beer. :-)

T6 (2GB/16GB, S905x, Android 7.1.1, CoreElec - living on the bleeding edge)

• Hey GDPR-2 , thanks for still working on the community build for the s905 boxes.

I was wondering if someone sees the same issue:

Sometimes if I turn on the box, I see a black border around the actual kodi GUI. Likewise when the screen size is not adjusted well. If I adjust the screen size from within the kodi menu while 50Hz are set, switching to 60Hz results in having a too big screen, for whatever reason (however this is expected I guess).

If I check in the settings, 50Hz are set, going to some other refresh rate like 60Hz and back results in a fitting screen again.

Does someone have an explanation? Any debug log needed?

GDPR-2 your builds works so well that now I feel I have to report such minor issues ;)

Additional information:

This issue is not new, happens since 6 months for sure

TV is already on when I start the box

It is a new 4k TV