[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• It does NOT has Netflix.

But it can work with this build once the addon (and all its pre-requisite ones) is installed and properly configured. ;)

• i need .5 update this .6 is not working, when i try to play next video i see frozen frame from previous video and sound from corrent

• I have a Vorke Z5 (S905W, 2GB DDR3, 16GB eMMC, VFD) running AdamG's alpha builds. Great stuff except three issues:

1. I cannot use builds newer than devel-2018021191326 because video playback is slow, stuttering and loses audio after a few minutes.

This happens with tvheadend SD and HD streams and recordings as well as with content from media library.

Is this a known problem or side-effect of the "new" kernel?

2. DVD images (ISO and VIDEO_TS directories) fail, playing the VOB files works.

I guess this is a bug of the Kodi build (git:f5871d9) in this release?

3. The VFD works with the DTB from MinixTX3 - but the display is upside-down and the icons are not used.

Any chance to correct this with VFD parameters in the new builds?

• I have uploaded a new devel image @ Index of /releases/devel

Booting issue for fresh installs is resolved, installtointernal is back and you can also update from 8.2 with this build.

This image also contains some kernel patches to improve video playback.

Kodinerds repo is included by default.

Noise reduction is back to on by default and can be turned off in community options in video settings.

And lastly remote configs for A95X and T95M/T95N boxes have been baked into the image.

Try out the latest devel image for issue 1, issue 3 please check the FAQ on the first page

Can anyone report if this works on their Rock64 board?

Thanks. :)

Wrong thread

• I have uploaded a new devel image @ Index of /releases/devel

Booting issue for fresh installs is resolved, installtointernal is back and you can also update from 8.2 with this build.

InstalltoInternal is back ... guess: Aprils Fool one day ahead? ;-)

My last post on the closed topic was maybe a little bit to cruel.

I am very satisfied with my 8.90.1 image. My wife not that much, but she doesn't know the meaning of an alpha release.

But because i am satisfied with my 8.90.1 i won't change anything. Not yet.

The thing is: I appreciate your work a lot. And that's the part, which was missing in my last post. Thanks. A Million.

• I understand the choice is made to use the new kernel going forward.

The new development image has the same issues the earlier builds had.

To help in solving the A/V issues, i have installed the new dev release om a test system

(main system is in use and had to revert after only one minute for usability of some other members of the h.u.m.a.n race ;) ).

On a test system (s905) i did the following:

- Installed fresh image

- Completed minimal configuration (region settings etc, all other settings default)

- Installed DVB addon

- Enabled debug logging, enabling both audio and video components

- Changed DVB Channels (HD->HD->HD-SD-SD)

Results:

Picture freeze on start of the stream (both SD and HD) for about 8 seconds before it catched up, sound continous

Continuous sound stutters (more so on HD content)

Debug log attached.

Hope it helps!

Atreyu

Files

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• As a temporary solution change default refresh rate to DVB TV refresh rate and you don't see this issue at start.

For me refresh rate set to 50Hz and iptv works without this bug.

This issue occurs only for refresh rate switching.

If it doesn't solve you problem than it possible DVB has another issue

• As a temporary solution change default refresh rate to DVB TV refresh rate and you don't see this issue at start.

Thanks, but the issue persists on any refresh rate i set.

First noticed the issue on a main system, which has a refresh rate of 50Hz to match DVBC.

Test system has 60hz, but i also repeated it on a 50hz system, same thing.

Sound stutters are the biggest problem, for now i would be able to live with the delayed starts.

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

I Can confirm that Disabling "Adjust display refresh rate" solves the problem.

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray