[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• There were first releases of Leia builds for S912 only.

After, as you can read on 1st page of your link "This thread was merged to [8.90.x] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912/LePotato"

There were LE 8.90.0-8.90.6

Newest releases are started from CE 8.90.0

Where can i get 8.90.06?

Thanks!

• jkjelds

Don't use the kszaq DTBs, they're too old and most likely won't work.

The device tree files are now built into the image, so create a SD and there will be a device_tree folder at the root of it.

You can also get them if you open the tar update file and dig through the folders in there.

• jkjelds

Don't use the kszaq DTBs, they're too old and most likely won't work.

The device tree files are now built into the image, so create a SD and there will be a device_tree folder at the root of it.

You can also get them if you open the tar update file and dig through the folders in there.

Hi The Coolest. Is it possible to access the dtb folder in the SD card via ssh/sftp?

If so, can you point to the right path where these files are located?

Thanks

Beelink MiniMX III 2GB/16GB gigabit LAN
    LibreELEC running from SD card (will confirm version on post).

• Two questions

1. Are the releases 64bit with 32bit userspace?
    2. If you want to compile it yourself to those specs, do you need to use TARGET_KERNEL_ARCH="arm64" ARCH="arm" or something else?

thanks.

• Hi The Coolest. Is it possible to access the dtb folder in the SD card via ssh/sftp?

If so, can you point to the right path where these files are located?

Thanks

Should be in /flash/device_trees

If not you could do

find -name *.dtb

Cheers

• Gaudi DTB files should be left well alone, there is no need to access them, once you have copied your dtb to the root folder then that is it, leave them well alone, you don't need to copy them when upgrading as it's done automatically.

• I have a Vorke Z6 plus. Bluetooth doesn't work after upgrade. Connects, but outputs audio to HDMI.

• Gaudi DTB files should be left well alone, there is no need to access them, once you have copied your dtb to the root folder then that is it, leave them well alone, you don't need to copy them when upgrading as it's done automatically.

Thanks for the information.

I was not planning to do anything strange with the files, was just wondering if they were accessible from a remote session in case I needed to switch to a different one after a non working trial.

But as you suggested, I will follow the standard method of accessing the SD card from a different computer.

Regards

Beelink MiniMX III 2GB/16GB gigabit LAN
    LibreELEC running from SD card (will confirm version on post).

• Hi all users and developers.

What are you think about installing coreelec on sd from android terminal?

Example:

Code
    1. $ su
    2. # gzip -d ./*.gz
    3. # dd if=./*.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 bs=4096
    4. # reboot apdate
  • @adamg, in your signature with the link for releases, it is empty. Am I missing something?

PS. I don't need them, my box works absolutely fine.Thanks to you & all the other developers.

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro (Coreelec), Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• When I get home this evening I will pull out the error that Youtube throws when called.

Shoog

Just to close out this. It did turn out to be corruption within python, but not the main system parts of python, rather all the helper scripts/addons which are pulled in with various other addons. These had fallen out of sync over various upgrades (at least one addon migration lock up) and copying addons across from earlier backups. I decided that it was not recoverable so I have done a fresh install and will copy across my userdata for TVh and webgrabplus to save time.
    What I learned from this was a clean install is sometime the best policy, and also it is no longer advisable to copy addons into the addon folder since Kodi will only recognise addons installed through zip files or repositories - and this is a "by design" feature to prevent pirate boxes loading the addons folder by copy and paste.

All is good and the new build seems very stable in the latest 8.90.0, a thumbs up for getting to this stage in such a short time frame.

The only issue I am getting is with TVH and radio playback. It is behaving in much the same way as the HD HW accelerated channels were before the latest fixes. If the signal degrades for any length of time it will lock up the box. Also if you choose a Radio channel as the first option after a reboot it will play for a second and then lock up. If however you choose a TV channel and then switch to a Radio channel next - all works well. I cannot believe it is not a residual issue from the previous TV channel switching issues in 8.90.6 and back.

Shoog

• All is good and the new build seems very stable in the latest 8.90.0, a thumbs up for getting to this stage in such a short time frame.

The only issue I am getting is with TVH and radio playback. It is behaving in much the same way as the HD HW accelerated channels were before the latest fixes. If the signal degrades for any length of time it will lock up the box. Also if you choose a Radio channel as the first option after a reboot it will play for a second and then lock up. If however you choose a TV channel and then switch to a Radio channel next - all works well. I cannot believe it is not a residual issue from the previous TV channel switching issues in 8.90.6 and back.

Shoog

Then maybe you should collect logs and report that in the issue tracker.

• This. And to avoid confusion i think when posting issues it should be mandatory to do so with a clean install without any other additions (except when it’s absolutely relevant). Not ment as a negative comment, just makes sense to me.

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)