[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Whats the story with deinterlacing ?

The only problem I have encountered so far is that Youtube still will not load and looking at the Kodi log its a problem with the python call. I have deinstalled the plugin and the user data and reinstalled a few different versions - but it always crashes with the same python fail. Is it possible to rebuild the python system or clear any cached python settings.

Shoog

youtube working for me on 8.90.0

• I have ask for the dtb files beacause I’m a beginner and I would make a Fresh install. Could you give me some tips GDPR-2 ?

You have been told already that you do not need the to download the DTB separately.

The instructions are in the forums if you chose to be lazy and not look for them please do not expect us to hold your hand and walk you through them.

I'm more than happy to give you my time and assist you if you make *some* effort at least.

• Whats the story with deinterlacing ?

The only problem I have encountered so far is that Youtube still will not load and looking at the Kodi log its a problem with the python call. I have deinstalled the plugin and the user data and reinstalled a few different versions - but it always crashes with the same python fail. Is it possible to rebuild the python system or clear any cached python settings.

Shoog

Totally unhelpful post... how on earth do you expect us to help? how are we supposed to diagnose your problem if you don't provide logs? come on you have been on this forum long enough to know the score by now Shoog.

Issues should be posted here from now on as stated on the first page so we can keep better track of legitimate issues and communicate with users more directly.

• k3 pro

in repository tvheadend 4.2 and 4.3 no dvb-s

This (no internal dvb-c/s adapters) only occurs when you do a fresh install.

The only way to fix that (for me) was to upgrade from a previous (devel) build.

• Totally unhelpful post... how on earth do you expect us to help? how are we supposed to diagnse your problem if you don't provide logs? come on you have been on this forum long enough to know the score by now Shoog.

Issues should be posted here from now on as stated on the first page so we can keep better track of legitimate issues and communicate with users more directly.

And that is a total unhelpful response to the two specific questions I ask, which where :

- whats going on with deinterlacing since it seems to have changed in this build (curiosity)

- is it possible to reset the python system since mine seems to be corrupted. I am not asking anyone to fault find Youtube or python since I have already established that this is not a problem with this build - just something that crept into mine over the course of various upgrades.

I never asked you or anyone else to solve my python problem. Maybe I should start a specific thread but there is no need for the snark.

Shoog

Edited once, last by Shoog ().

• Shoog

You posted about broken YouTube/python. We can't keep up with all of the posts every user makes.

If you have a specific issue/question, open a ticket on GitHub.

Regarding your Python problem, you can't "rebuild" it or fix it, as far as I understand. because it's part of the image, which is read-only.

Also, without knowing the exact error (which is why we ask for logs) we can't and won't help at all.

• Provide logs and you get an answer. I'm not aware that the python system is corrupt. You need to at least provide some evidence or hints aka. logs.

• Provide logs and you get an answer. I'm not aware that the python system is corrupt. You need to at least provide some evidence or hints aka. logs.

I don't think and didn't suggest that the python system is corrupt in this build - but somehow mine got corrupted in the course of upgrades going through the various Leia builds.

Shoog

• I don't think and didn't suggest that the python system is corrupt in this build - but somehow mine got corrupted in the course of upgrades going through the various Leia builds.

Shoog

It's very unlikely but to move forward we need to see at least the error you are having.

• It's very unlikely but to move forward we need to see at least the error you are having.

When I get home this evening I will pull out the error that Youtube throws when called.

Shoog

• This (no internal dvb-c/s adapters) only occurs when you do a fresh install.

The only way to fix that (for me) was to upgrade from a previous (devel) build.

Thank you.

I realized that coreelec for k3 pro is not needed.

Tvheadend no support dvb-s

• Shoog

You posted about broken YouTube/python. We can't keep up with all of the posts every user makes.

If you have a specific issue/question, open a ticket on GitHub.

Regarding your Python problem, you can't "rebuild" it or fix it, as far as I understand. because it's part of the image, which is read-only.

Also, without knowing the exact error (which is why we ask for logs) we can't and won't help at all.

Now that is an answer to my specific question. Thanks.

Shoog

• Now that is an answer to my specific question.

so was this . . .

If you want answers, you should at least attempt to follow the protocol as the devs ask. Try to remember that they're not actually here at our beck and call, we're here asking for their help ;)

• Question, are releases that are on github page updated every day or are those "stable" releses, where are dev?

• DoktorX

We don't do nightlies at this time. So these releases went through some testing and can be considered "stable-ish", because these are still Alpha releases after all.