[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Guys im currently on 8.24 and am running Libre on USB and Kodi on Internal, can i just upgrade to this version drag and drop or do i have to redo the usb drive and also the transfer to internal

thanks

• I don´t know if I have done something wrong or if it is an issue :

Using devel versions I have booting problems with device Mecool Ki pro

Reboot to internal does not work and for booting from SD Card I often have to unplug power because booting stucks on Mecool logo.

Boot process takes a long time.

Checked with another SD Card with libreelec 8.2.01 : no problems
    So the device should be ok.

I don´t know if the SD card has problems or dtb file ?

I have seen that I am not the only one with a Ki pro. Is booting process with lastest devel ok for u ?

• I've had that with most builds (maybe even all of them) with both installs to NAND and to SD. I've always just thought it was a quirk of the device. I often have to go behind the TV and replug the power cord.

Devices: Mecool KI Pro S905D & Beelink MiniMX III 2G/16G S905.

• Reboot to internal does not work . . .

via SSH or GUI? With the later builds Reboot to Internal from GUI needs to be followed by clicking Reboot (unless you point the shortcut at a script that does that for you)

• Is it related to Copyleft - Wikipedia ?

Cousin, I think :/

• Poida

from GUI

for skins without "reboot to Nand/Internal" Option i made a favourite :

<favourite name="Reboot Android">System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</favourite>

But I didn´t know that I have to click "Reboot" after that. It will test it.

• The difference between the Rpi and the AML boards is the level of support. Almost all AML boards are churned out and left to hang out to dry with shitty software and consequential underperformance. Not even AML support their own products beyond churning out substandard Android builds.

The Rpi is more than capable of running LE and because it is well supported by the Pi foundation the LE builds tend to be rock solid and perform very well from very early on. The Pi 3 has its own issues - but in almost every way it is a better most of these AML boxes.

The difference between Pi and AML is just night and day and if it wasn't for the efforts of LE developers beyond the call of duty these boxes would be pure junk no matter what their nominal specs. I have been suckered into buying two AML boxes into my time (the first a pure mistake, the second on claims of company support which simply didn't materialize), and I wish I had have stuck with Pi's both times. The time I have wasted on them.

Shoog

Well to be honest it's not all rainbows and candy in the Pi land either. How is the official 7" display support? Backlight adjustment? 90/270 degree rotation with touch input? Raspberry foundation has a great track record going the easy way and total silence when it comes to the hard questions (i.e. why is the $5 zero at least $10 IRL?)

Raspberry is good starting point if you want to learn (especially how hypocrite certain humans and communities can be...), but in the long run it is quite useless. There is way better HW to be had for way less money. For a Media box it is quite out dated and slow. You are better of with an AML box.

I have Mecool m8s pro+, with the *faulty* eMMC. (I am still not convinced that they are faulty, probably just use different HW and need some adjustments in the bootloader, I am still trying to find time to investigate this further) I even got 50% refund from the seller, because of the eMMC issue. LibreELEC runs great on it, CoreELEC works even better out of the box! I have HD Netflix on it and it plays h.265 videos without breaking a sweat. How is the h.265 decoding on your Raspberry Pi?

Thinking that people behind Raspberries have any purer motives than the Chinese Android box manufacturers is just ludicrous. The lack of Chinese Android box manufacturers contributing to the Linux mainline effort is obvious. They sell Android TV-Boxes! The chip vendors sell chips mainly to Android devices, so the Linux support is not high priority. This has changed a little and things start looking promising, but still what obligation do they have for the Linux mainline/LE effort?

To not to go totally OT.

It's sad to see yet another fork because of personnel che-mistry* and politics, but if it gets's us better software it's a win!

Only thing I wish is that all the relative information get's put up somewhere asap. Finding it among this thread is going to be a PITA.

I try to find some free time to get some how to's written if I can.

Also, if anyone can point me to some information about the slowemmc releases, what they are for and may they be related to the eMMC block write issues on the Mecool boxes. It would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

*(For some reason che-mistry, whit out the dash, is cencored word in the forums!?!?)

Edited once, last by mdm63: Typo ().

• CoreELEC.png

Just throwing an idea for a logo, The people to represent community, the colors represent RGB Video Output the typeface used is called Montreal by Julieta Ulanovsky and is licensed under the Open Font License (More Details on Typeface Here) and the tagline to describe it.

• Guys can i upgrade to this via drag and drop into upgrade folder from 8.2, im running kodi on internal and libre on USB stick

• There is no reason to dispute about RPi, AML and other platforms. This thread is about AML and let's stay with that.

Better support for Amlogic devices: use CoreELEC

Blu-ray Disc Java menus support - forum thread, Github

my lamp addon (unofficial/community with limited support)
    my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

• Just saw the update to the name and catching up on all that's been happening.

I'm a graphic designer. I'd be happy to take a look at designing a new logo when I get some free time this week :)

• CoreELEC.png

Just throwing an idea for a logo, The people to represent community, the colors represent RGB Video Output the typeface used is called Montreal by Julieta Ulanovsky and is licensed under the Open Font License (More Details on Typeface Here) and the tagline to describe it.

Try to use more spring colors.

CoreELEC.png

• CoreELEC.png

Like it a lot.

Shoog

• I tested CoreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-1523108117.img on my spare S905X box connected to my Philips tv set. Fresh install.

Results:

* both the included remote and my extra USB MCE remote work. All buttons are reasonably mapped. The MCE remote is a bit too sensitive and I get a lot of double inputs were I intended only one

* both wifi and ethernet work fine

* the Philips hdmi color problem can still be fixed using the "echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb"

* European DVB-S2 (SD MPEG-2, 720p50 h.264, 1080i50 h.264 and 4K h.265) from my tvheadend server worked without any trouble. Some buffering issues with 4K content which was also the case on version 8.2

* everything that I tested from my file collecion (mostly 720p/1080p MKVs with h.264 8/10 bit, h.265 8/10 bit video and various audio streams) worked fine

* installing and using Sandmann79's amazon vod plugin triggers the widvine helper, which installed the correct version. Watching SD videos worked, but there is no audio. Apparently this is a known bug and fixed in the latest inputstream.adaptive versions (>= 2.2.13)

Keep up the good work!

Wetek Hub: LibreElec 8.2.3.1 (Philips 42PFL8404)
    MK808B+: LibreElec 7.0.2.7 (Samsung UE55H6270)
    OTT MXQ Pro 4k (S905): LibreElec 7.0.3.12k (Denon X1200W, 7.1, LG PF1500G)
    AKASO HM8 (S905X): CoreElec 9.0 dev build, Acer Revo 3610: Milhouse test