Audio output device forced to Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

• I don't have any audio through my HDMI anymore after I upgraded to the latest version (8.2.3). I lost the option to change the audio output device (it's set to Bluetooth audio which I think may not even be supported by my miniPC). Also, the passthrough settings section is completely empty. Setting the number of channels to 2 (and many other setting combinations) does not change this.

I found that some people have this issue with NVIDIA chipsets (which I have as well) that it defaults to bluetooth due to a bug.

I tried following the steps of the only workaround I could find for this issue: PulseAudio/Examples - ArchWiki

When I do

aplay -l

I get:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****

card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]

card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

Following the guide I test if my HDMI still works:

aplay -D plughw:1,3 ~/downloads/sample.wav

Yay, the sound works! So far so good.

I proceed with:

load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:0,3

I get a return code:

Not sure if this is a problem or not.

I continue with:

pulseaudio -k

result:

E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Failed to kill daemon: No such process

ehhh.. is this normal? Maybe it was already shut down or never even running?

I try to start it:

pulseaudio --start

result:

W: [pulseaudio] main.c: This program is not intended to be run as root (unless --system is specified).

The settings stay the same in kodi :(

I tried another solution: editing /etc/pulse/default.pa

Can't be done. This directory seems restricted from editing / adding / renaming files altogether. Even for root (?)

Following daemon.conf.d brings me to a directory (~/.config/pulse-daemon.conf.d) where a README file explains I can create config files that would overwrite settings.

I create hdmi.conf (with access rights to 777).

#!/usr/bin/pulseaudio -nF

load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:0,3

reboot

No change. :@

I must be missing something awfully fundamental as not many people seem to have this issue?