Access Windows 10 shares

• Hi

I have had LibreElec installed on an Asus Eeebox where I have accessed a Windows 10 computer who shares all the media. Recently I wiped the Asus Eeebox to try a new media software. As I wasn't happy with it I installed LibreElec again within just a day or two. Unfortunately I don't remember what protocol I used to connect (NFS, SMB or something else). But I have tried all of them and I cant access the shares on my Windows 10 computer any longer.

As I have already been able to access the Windows 10 computer before I don't think the problem is there. Of course there might have been an update to Windows which might have made changes.

As the SMB protocol is the one I believe I used when everything was working I have tried it again choosing Add network location, and using these settings:

Protocol: Windows network (SMB)

Server name: The computer name I find if I look at properties on "My computer" in Windows 10.

Share folder: The folder name that is shared to the whole network.

User name: My Microsoft e-mail address that I used when installing Windows 10.

Password: The password I use when I log on to my Windows account.

I'm not sure if I use the correct Server name or User name or it should be something else. I have used the IP as the Server name but with no luck. I always get the message "Operation not permitted".

I have also tried the NFS protocol and used the IP for the Windows 10 computer but then LibreElec freezes and I need to turn off the power and reboot.

I would be very grateful for any help or guidance.

Regards

• Hi Blueribb

Thanks a lot! I got it working with your help!

Previously I have got the information that a computers username can found using the Taskmanager and then look at the User tab. In my case it shows my email address.

But with your hint I did a bit more searching and some suggest that the username is the same as the name of my user folder in Windows. For example C:\Users\(username)\. Using this name it all worked fine!

Thanks again. I will definitely write all this info down now :)

Cheers