Thanks and a question about Android backup

• After using XBMC/KODI on x86 hardware for years, I recently purchased a cheap Amlogic box (x96 1G/8G). It booted easily from a USB, and LibreELEC and KODI seem to work smoothly and great. So thanks to everyone on the LibreELEC team, KODI team, and especially Kszaq for his build for this device. I was apprehensive about using a tiny, cheapo TV box from eBay, but I'm more than pleased so far! (Also, I suspect that this Amlogic box take 0.001% of the electricity of the old Dell x86 box that I was using before.)

I see that some here have had success here installing LibreELEC on the internal memory for the x96 box, and I would like to try that also. My question is this - Is there some sort of "recovery image" or useful backup that I should take from the internal memory before doing the LibreELEC internal install? Although I honestly doubt that I will ever want to switch back to Android, I would hate to burn a bridge unnecessarily. Is there some backup or other step that I should just in case I need to revert later? (Sorry if this is in a FAQ somewhere. I searched the forum here and didn't see anything specific. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I'm not much of an Android guy, but I'm fine with normal Linux, SSH, etc.)

Thanks!

• Find a firmware update for your box and download it to a safe place. That way you'll be able to reinstall it in the future in case it's needed.

Thanks for the reply, and thanks again for your work on the build for this box!

My Google search turned up this link for the x96 firmware: X96 (S905x) Android TV Box - Updating the Firmware and Costom Roms: 12 Steps. Does anyone have experience with the x96 box Android firmware? (As you might expect the box itself came with absolutely zero documentation.) I guess if there is nothing to be backed up from the box itself, I really don't need to concern myself with finding a recovery firmware unless I want to restore it some day.