Music Audio dropouts when playing in Kodi but not via the Plex Plugin....

• This is a weird one. I've just installed libreelec on my pi3 which also has a hifiberry DAC+ Pro spdif hat.

Music & Video content is on a couple of NASs, for which I have had to configure legacy SMB security to support. Reason I've gone with Libreelec is it seems to be the only current XBMC Pi build that has a GUI setting for the legacy SMB security issue, and is therefore the only one natively compatible with my NAS's.

All content (video & Music files) are now visible and has been loaded.

All audio tracks on all video files play perfectly both on natively downmixed stereo and as dolby digital to my Linn receiver (via SPDIF Co-ax).

Music files play perfectly via the plex plugin.

Problem is, music files have constant dropouts when played through the native libreelec/KODI player.

I've been using thick XBMC/KODI Pi clients for years, but this is the first time I've used libreelec and the first time I've encountered this issue. I guess this is because the music player component within KODI in Libreelec requires a greater cache size, but I don't know how to test this hypothesis or fix it if that's the case.

Any suggestions? Cheers.