Samsung HW-K950 Intel Mobo Sound Issue.

• Hi,

One tip, one question :)

I am an intermediate user as a warning in advance.

My System is:

Intel Mobo i5 Dual Processor with onboard Intel Graphics Driver Output via HDMI ->Smartoo 23051 -> Samsung HW-K950 ->Samsung 55 Inch Tv.

Reason for Smartoo is the HW-K950 only has 2 HDMI inputs so if I wanted to add a PS/Skybox/Blu-Ray/HTPC you can see how many times I would need to switch around the cables. It works well, sends Atmos through the Smartoo, True-HD everything as if it was plugged in directly to the TV. So really happy. However one thing does not work which is the sound when soundbar switches off.

Tips to get the System Working on Video:

When I switched HDMI inputs on the Smartoo/HW-K950 I lost all video output and audio output I had to reboot, was annoying if switching to blu-ray or tv.

Did some research and realized the EDID was not working properly. I used the following script custom_edid [LibreELEC] to force X and it worked.

So now I can switch the inputs, turn back to my tv from my soundbar and it all works ok as long as the Soundbar remains switched on.

Question:

The Samsung has an inbuilt power saver which switches it off. At this point when I switch it back on again, video is there but the Audio is not. I have to reboot the system to get the audio to work. I suspect some element that governs the sound is also switching off and not auto-detecting when the bar is turned back on like the forcing with the EDID (ie this fixes the video).

Any tips is there an EDID for Sound? Ie it always keeps it on?

Thanks

Dave