No audio sending to bluetooth headphone

• Hi,

The subject happens on Pi Zero-W with LE 8.2.1, Kodi 17.6 (and also earlier 8.0.2/17.3). LE shows the headphone among the BT devices it can be connected to. Then I configure audio output to BT/Pulsaudio, evrything fine and dandy, except no audio comes out. System log shows no error.

Any idea would be welcome!

Ps.: Otherwise LE/Kodi works fine. Added a PHAT DAC to my Pi, digitized my CD-s to disk and since then this is the way I listen to music and can say it's wonderful :)

• Hi,

pactl info : EBQK

pactl list short : bIdI

log : CNZC

A few additional observations:

- As I stepped into/out from LE's BT configuration menu it frequently happened that Pi rebooted. I am not sure, but it seemed as if an audio output already set to BT had needed for it.

- Connecting to headphone required many attempts, it kept changing back to 'No' from state 'Yes'.

Thank you for looking into this.

Zsolt

• Well, the connection state was a stable 'Yes' on the UI, even stepping out and then back again showed so.

The headphone appears among the BT devices. I guess this is supposed to mean that it advertises itself as BT and the Pi recognizes that. Am I mistaken?

Otherwise the headphone works fine with other systems (Mac, Android mobile)

What else can I try? Another BT headphone? Stop/start any service from command line?

Thanks.

• I tried my mobile's BT successfully. The below log was made when it was connected.

gKfT

A filetransfer to Pi also succeeded.

There is something definitely going wrong between the two components. Pairing happens, my headphone tells it (yes it speaks into my ears), but as soon as I make connection it first appears to be successful then disconnects. So probably the log was made with no connection.

And sooner or later the Pi reboots.

• FYI. A friend of mine tried these with a different BT headphone and faced the same issue. So my first thought of it being a specific issue with my headphone does not held.