MCE remote some key presses not recognized

• Hello, I have a MCE remote and it's generally working (arrows, ok, play, pause etc) but other buttons aren't recognized for example "i and guide" and other buttons. I tried evtest and when i press the i and guide button, it doesn't even register whereas the other working buttons pressed are recognized. I have LIRC disabled and all the buttons are recognized in Kodi in Windows 7 installation. Here is the output of ir-keytable:

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event7) with:

Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce

Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp

Enabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6

Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared

bus: 3, vendor/product: 0471:0815, version: 0x0000

Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

Thanks in advance

• Hi Hias, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what "EV_MSC" events are in evtest but when in evtest, when i press a working button I get output displayed but when I press the buttons that aren't working in libreelec, i get no output at all.

• EV_MSC / scancode events are decoded IR signals, you get these whenever an ir signal is successfully received.

Usually you also get EV_KEY (keyup/down) events - see the wiki page for details infrared_remotes [LibreELEC]

If you see EV_KEY and EV_MSC for working buttons but nothing at all for the non-working ones something very odd is going on.

In that case also check with "ir-ctl -r" (or mode2) if any signals are received at all.

BTW: what kind of remote (manufacturer, model) are you using?

so long,

Hias

• I've been using the MCE 1039 IR receiver and using it with my Harmony One remote. So I just dug up my old MCE 1039 remote and the "i and guide" buttons work! I just checked and the profile I'm using in KODI for windows is the MCE keyboard whereas the libreelec I'm assuming it's using the MCE 1039 keytable so that's why the MCE remote works and not my harmony. Does libreelec support MCE keyboard and if it does, how do I force it to use the MCE keyboard keytable? Thanks!

• MCE keyboard is different to the standard rc6 MCE remote protocol. You could get it to work with a custom ir-keytable configuration (you receiver supports the mce_kbd protocol), but it'd be a lot easier if you just configured your harmony remote to use the standard MCE remote setup.

so long,

Hias

• If I use the MCE keyboard protocol, I can use a lot more keys and can map to different buttons vs the MCE remote. Is it possible to use the mce_kbd protocol? I ran ir-keytable -v and noticed it's disabled:

/sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols protocol mce_kbd (disabled)

Thanks!

• You can do that by creating a custom keymap file - this also allows you to select a different protocol. See the wiki page I linked above for details.

so long,

Hias

• Thanks for all your help hias! I think I might do as you suggested and just use the standard MCE remote profile and try to customize as much as I can from there!