Fonts And Text gone.

• hello guys, i was posting in the kodi forums about a strange bug that is there since 1.10.2017

The guys over there have no idea what caused it, so i suspect the root of it is in the libreelec code rather than in kodi.

threadpost: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)

in milhouse build #0930 ( LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) ) everything works fine. all builds after that day, starting at (milhouse build #1001, LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) ) 1.10.2017 have a either a misconfiguration or a bug with my hardware.

i don't get any text or fonts in the ui of kodi, so i went back to build #0930

pictures of the problem Dropbox - kodi

The hardware i'm using is fairly old.

It's an Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 with an Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller

Long story short:

something in the code changed from 29.9.2017 to 1.10.2017 that is causing this bug.

after going through libreelec changelogs the only thing that happened in the libreelec code was the mesa update to 17.2.1
    Commits · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

do you guys have any idea, if that might be the cause of the problem ? or do i have to find the error in the kodi code.

the only changes in the kodi code are here:

Comparing 1bca5092c50a5da...f71989e8429b661 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

The thing is, that it seems i am the only person having this problem with my specific hardware.

Thx for your time and i appreciate any help because i don't wanna buy a new computer :D i'ts been running kodi for more than 10 years and still does =)

P.S. log files are here LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)

winux

• hello, yes it is a clean install. native install, behind grub though.

ignore the build versions from the first post. i messed something up in the order.

i'm talking to milhouse here:

LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)

a good explanation would be:

i found a bug where there is none :D it is just hiding somewhere else. =)

the last build that is working is #1004 from milhouse.

---> #1005 is causing the fonts gone/ green video bug (with my specific hardware it seems). the bug is persistent to present

so libreelec is fine, it is something in the kodi changes from october 5th that is causing my problem

changelogs are here:

Comparing 5d4bb333eee57f3...9c76db55bf5beef · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

• I don't want to appear rude, but Leia is pre-Alpha code. Bugs are normal. If you don't want bugs .. don't run pre-Alpha buggy code. If you want to participate in bug hunting the development threads in the Kodi forum are the appropriate place to provide feedback.

• no worries, i am aware that leia is still alpha. i've been using it since months without a problem. but after updating this bug appeared. so i wanted to let people know. it would be wrong to stay silent. i'm sorry that i posted this over here because it seems to be the wrong place. totally my fault. feel free to delete this thread or let me know if i have to do it somehow. In case someone is having the same problem feel free to follow it over here.

#17661 (Text/Fonts gone/invisible) – Kodi - TRAC