[8.90.11a] LibreELEC 9.x for S912

• Hi, can you help me, I am surely doing something wrong.

I copied the .tar file in the update folder over SMB and rebooted, the box would not boot, stayed on boot logo

Then I reformatted the USB and SDCARD (I have 2 different s912 boxes) and tried to boot them again, again stuck at boot logo.

I then tried with the toothpick (reset button) method just like I did the first time, nothing works...

this is with the latest build, I will try to reformat with previous build to see if that works in the meantime...

am i doing things correctly?

thanks!

• And you have triple-checked these, mmm?

If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot:

• don't panic!
    • if booting from SD/USB, simply connect SD/USB to your computer, download a proper device tree, rename it to dtb.img and place on SD/USB
    • if booting from internal:
      1. Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.
      2. Login over SSH and execute dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 then dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
      3. Power off, remove SD/USB, boot from internal.

Device trees: here

• try using the img.gz file & writing that to usb

• Try to use this procedure form #1:

If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot:

• don't panic!
    • if booting from SD/USB, simply connect SD/USB to your computer, download a proper device tree, rename it to dtb.img and place on SD/USB
    • if booting from internal:
      1. Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.
      2. Login over SSH and execute script installtointernal
      3. Confirm installation and for question "Do you want to copy your user data to internal data partition? [Y/n] " answer "no".
      4. Box will boot from internal, remove SD/USB.
  • I forgot to replace dtb.img.... newbie error!!

I have a few roblems with latest version 8.90.4 , when trying to watch a recorded TV show, I am not able to skip forward, it exit out of the video

also, launching a tv station (using nextpvr client on android/server on windows) , the audio is out of synch and most of the time i get a "tuner not available" . I dont recall this happening with 8.90.3

will re-install previous version and compare...

edit:

8.90.3 does not have livetv audio out of synch, at least for the tests i did. however the recording cannot be skipped forward using the skipping button (30 sec,1 min, etc), it can be fastforwarded. so the issue existed in 8.90.3, i just did not test it I guess.

also does not appear to have the tuner error...so far so good

thanks

Edited once, last by ringorinfret: updated (November 16, 2017 at 11:20 PM).

• I tried on H96 Pro 3/16 with gxm_q200_3g.dtb

I've updated from 8.2 and have to decrease the gui resolution from 4k to FHD.

There is no gui during 4k playing or sometimes there is two progression circle (like top and bottom 3D) frozen on the screen but the video plays fine underneath.

The video plays somehow smoother than in Krypton.

I think this will much better than any Krypton build.

Thanks for the good work.

• Pelican There are many VideoPlayer improvements in Kodi Leia both in generic terms and for Amlogic. I think that when Leia is ready, it will be overall much better than Krypton in video playback.

• afl1 I have tried this image and everything seems alright, but cannot get my remote to work on a Beelink GT1 ultimate. Even took my remote.conf file off android to copy to the LE image, and nothing. Checked it on the primary image I use that was built by kszaq and still cannot seem to get the remote to work. Any suggestions?

• afl1 I have tried this image and everything seems alright, but cannot get my remote to work on a Beelink GT1 ultimate. Even took my remote.conf file off android to copy to the LE image, and nothing. Checked it on the primary image I use that was built by kszaq and still cannot seem to get the remote to work. Any suggestions?

Look in this remote.conf repository