Trouble installing LibreELEC on EgoIggo S95x (s905x)

• You dont need the device tree for this box and forget the remote method to restart. I have the same box (with 1gb ram) and i have now libreelec installed. I have used a micro-sd card, no usb.

1. Write this image to sd card: LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.0.1.img.gz

2. Start the box and then insert the card.

3. Take a toothpick and stick it at the bottom side of the box (there is a very little hole)

4. Unplug the power plug and back, now start the box with libreelec boot screen. (when you see the libreelec picture, you can release the toothpick and the box started again with libreelec)

Thank you man, you are great :)

It worked, and holy #&%$ Kodi on LibreELEC is so much smoother than on Android! Its a difference like night an day.

• Small little update, cause I got actual 4k movie content running smoothly with NFS over UDP (tcp was already too slow). Unfortunately this performance doesn't translate to the Jelly-Fish test files.

jellyfish-120-mbps-4k-uhd-h264.mkv

The smallest Jellyfish 4k Bitrate Test file works "bearable", in that it has visible stutters but is still watchable.

All other 4k test files show heavy stuttering and buffering and are basically unwatchable.

However, as long as actual movie seem to work nicely I achieved the goal I wanted to achieve, especially considering that it was a really cheap box for only 35€.

Thanks for all of your help guys.

• Small little update, cause I got actual 4k movie content running smoothly with NFS over UDP (tcp was already too slow). Unfortunately this performance doesn't translate to the Jelly-Fish test files.

I told it several times -> Use an USB-Gb adapter solve this