OpenPHT - Plex Home Theater 1.9 FOR S905 S805 S912 WeTek Play 2 and other devices based on LibreELEC 8.2

• veisen

Just installed it over the latest Libreelec update using your tar file and it works very well, I could see myself using this since all I use is Plex. Just one thing, my remote control is not controlling my volume yet it always works in libreelec . Any workarounds?

Thanks for sharing this!

did anyone get the pass through DTS audio to work on this build? I've got a STR-DN1080 and pass through doesnt work at all.

• Hi, guys. I would like to thank team LE, team Rasplex, Kszaq, Veisen for their contributions.

I am gonna share with you my compilation with the errors corrected.

Here it is. Enjoy!

OpenPHT-Embedded-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20171212225651-r5-g04bf9b4.img

@eugene2878

What an amazing Christmas gift!

All I pretty much use is Plex so I had given up on this project but you just scored a homerun my friend! What can I say, it works flawlessly, audio, video all the menus work!

What I did to make it work was to start from scratch, reinitialized my SD card and used your file plus the latest device tree for my android box.

Once again, a big thank you:thumbup:8)

Minix Neo U1, S905 chipset, 2GB/16GB, Dual Boot Libreelec / Android 5.1 lollipop, Samsung UHS-1 32GB Micro SDHC Memory card

• It must be configured from scratch. I should have mentioned this in my original post. Enjoy!

Xtreamer Whizz S905-H AP6335 2GB Ram 16GB Rom

• thanks for your work, i must admit the interface is really impressive and much quicker compared to the kodi plex add-on but I cant seem to get the passthrough audio to work gentlemen - any help will be greatly appreciated :)

I am on a s095x and took the device tree file from here: Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees

• @eugene2878

What an amazing Christmas gift!

All I pretty much use is Plex so I had given up on this project but you just scored a homerun my friend! What can I say, it works flawlessly, audio, video all the menus work!

What I did to make it work was to start from scratch, reinitialized my SD card and used your file plus the latest device tree for my android box.

Once again, a big thank you:thumbup:8)

may I pls ask what box are you running this on?

• Hello sir, is it possible to know if this is meant to work on s905x as well?

Well I see you already using it on your box. So it is working. The only trouble is passthrough. I can not test passthrough. No equipment to test this feature on. Try using 8.1 device tree, but it might not be the case.

• @eugene2878

Quick question, does suspend mode work with this build? I have tried to enable it but so far I am not seeing it appear in the menu. If it does work for you, could you please tell me how to enable it? Thanks!

Minix Neo U1, S905 chipset, 2GB/16GB, Dual Boot Libreelec / Android 5.1 lollipop, Samsung UHS-1 32GB Micro SDHC Memory card

• Suspend not working. it was first implemented in LE 8.1.7. OpenPHT based on old 8.0.2e source code.

• Well I see you already using it on your box. So it is working. The only trouble is passthrough. I can not test passthrough. No equipment to test this feature on. Try using 8.1 device tree, but it might not be the case.

ok I've tested with no luck mate :(

however I read through pages of the alsa documentation and i can play digital sounds by passing a wav file straight through hardware and receiver recognises it. DigitalOut

so i am guessing this might be just a config issue. can anyone please enlighten where the opht sound configs are stored?

• Yes. But whats the point? Odroid and Wetek users got Builds from Rasplex team already. See here.

That right, but the OpenPHT 1.8 build on the Odroid C2 includes a bug since it was released in March, where the audio gets out of sync / lags behind and you can only stop the video and restart it to get it to sync again. Kwiboo is the only developer left and his resources are scarce. The Odroid is a perfect platform otherwise , so any other builds of OpenPHT would be very welcome

• Here is new build with suspend mode. Test and let me know if it works. OpenPHT-Embedded-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20171223194836-r5-g04bf9b4

Thanks for enabling suspend mode but on my side of things, I cannot make it work at the moment.

In the preferences menu under power saving, shut down function, all it shows is shut down, not suspend.

Suspend mode does work on my box with the main branch. Anyone else getting it to work?

• "In 8.1.7 you can enable suspend/sleep mode manually:

1. Go to \\Configfiles\sleep.conf.d (in Windows) or /storage/.config/sleep.conf.d (over SSH).
    2. Rename sleep.conf.sample to sleep.conf
    3. Open sleep.conf and remove this line: SuspendMode=false
    4. Reboot, enjoy."