Wake up from suspend with apple ir remote broken in 8.2.0

• I did some more digging but I'm still not sure who's to blame for the wakeup issues. Could be kernel 4.11, could be atvclient - no idea.

I think the best solution is to build the hid-appleir driver as a module. Other major linux distributions do this as well, people can still use the remote without atvclient and it's also easy to disable the driver via a simple modprobe blacklist entry.

Could you please do a test with this build: LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171108132958-r26201-g0285ca7ff1.tar

This build includes the appleir driver as a module, to disable it create a file /storage/.config/modprobe.d/disable-appleir.conf with the following content:

Code
    blacklist hid_appleir

I've also enabled wake-from-suspend per default on the appleir USB device so you should no longer need the "echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1.8.2/power/wakeup" line in autostart.sh.

Could you create the modprobe file and remove the wakeup link from your autostart.sh and test if that setup works?

so long,

Hias

• Hi Hias,

I did all the things you asked for and it works perfect, including the wakeup using the apple ir remote.

Will this become the solution for the official build?

Thanks,

Jeroen

• I (still) have the same issue.

Although i don't ha a mac mini, but a nuc with an original apple IR reveiver build in (spare part from an mac).

I still experience the same issue on LE 8.2.3.

Wake from suspend was working fine in 8.0.2, but after upgrading to 8.2 or higher, it stopped working.

Anyting i can try to get this to work again ?

• Sorry, misunderstanding on my part.

I was under the impression that it was fixed in the latest version, thinking that i should not have to do anything....

But indeed after creating the modprobe file to blacklist the hid_appleir module, it works like a charm again!