Odroid C2: Touchscreen-Support with Hannspree HT231HPB

• Hi,

I'm new to libreelec but have some linux knowledge. I like the idea of a just-enough-system for a media-center-application. I'm trying to set up a TV for our new kitchen and for this I bought a Hannspree HT231HPB touchscreen and a odroid c2. I installed the latest LibreELEC-Image for Odroid C2 (Version 8.1.2) and it worked like a charm. Except the touchscreen wouldn't work. The touch-hardware is ok as it worked with my other computer. The lsusb command shows me:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0457:1057 Silicon Integrated Systems Corp.

The usb-devices command shows me:

T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=03 Cnt=01 Dev#= 3 Spd=12 MxCh= 0 

D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1 

P: Vendor=0457 ProdID=1057 Rev=01.00 

S: Manufacturer=USBest Technology 

S: Product=SiS HID Touch Controller 

C: #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=98mA 

I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=usbhid

So it seems the device is detected correctly and I think the problem is with libreelec or kodi.

I searched the internet but did not find anything matching my problem.

There were references about a Kodi Touchscreen-Addon which I cannot find. There is no service.touchscreen-File anywhere to be found. It's not a calibration-Problem as the touchscreen is not working at all, not even in a small portion of the screen.

So my question is if anyone can help me with this?

Is there a way to get this working with libreelec?

Should I compile my own build with some patches somewhere to be found?

Or do I have to try a plain ubuntu installation?

Thanks in advance

Update [2017-10-09]

I managed to build an Odroid_C2 image with hid_multitouch enabled. This seems to work. At least a bit. Now I have some effects when tapping on the upper left of the screen. Seems I now need the touchscreen.service addon to work which seems to be disabled for odroid. I will try to build the service tomorrow thou I'm not yet sure how. Any hints appreciated. I'll keep you updated.

Update [2017-11-10]

Managed to build the touchscreen.service. Installed it via zip but it won't run. Checked the touchscreen configuration (ts_env.sh and ts.con) and tried ts_calibrate.sh which gives me a core dump. Seems like the included version of tslib is not ready for a x64-system (Missing x64 support · Issue #65 · kergoth/tslib · GitHub). I'll try to patch the tslib and rebuild the whole thing. But probably not tomorrow.

Edit: Updated used Version: 8.1.2