LE Won't Boot Using HDMI on Some TVs

• Hello, hoping someone can help with this. I have LE 8.0.0 generic running on an Asus chromebox cn60. When connected to a monitor via HDMI it boots up fine no issues. When I connect it to a Vizio TV it won't boot, doesn't matter the HDMI port that I use on the TV it won't boot. I have tested all ports on that TV with other devices and all show up fine. Now, I also have another TV an old Westinghouse and it WILL boot when connected to that via HDMI. So for some reason LE won't boot when connected to my Vizio TV via HDMI or using display port to HDMi cable. Please help.

• does not boot or just don' show anything at the display ?

You can try to power up the display and then power on the box -> intel gpu tries to check for display ONLY at start - this is a know problem of the 4xxx generation.

• Does not boot. The chromebox does a dual beep during boot, this never happens when connected to the Vizio via HDMI. WHen connected to a different TV via HDMI I get the dual beep and it boots. Same when connected to a monitor.

• I was not able to SSH or ping it, when connecting it to the vizio. I ended up wiping the chromebox and setting it up with UEFI boot and non dual boot and it seems to be working on the Vizio TV no without issue. I found some documentation on the mrchromebox site that pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help guys, glad I found this forum. I have found some good info/tweaks for my LE chromebox.