Conman Problem

• Hallo,

how can i disable Conman? Conman generates sometimes Millions of Requests on my DNS Server. I use static IP and have no need in Conman.

I have blocked "ipv4.connman.net" on my DNS Server because i dont want unnecessary connections.

I use Libreelec 8.1.1 on Odroid C2

• connman is the connection manager that I'd integral to LibreELEC. It might be possible to disable it but I would advise against it. I would have a guess that something else is broken unless you can prove it is actually connman.

• No this is not an DoS attempt. the requetsts come from the Kodi local connman. On every new start kodi sends over 4000 DNS requests to "ipv4.connman.net" because i have blocked the adress. it is absolutely necessary to use connman? i have no wifi only LAN.

• Seems you are blocking request to status.html which is how connman get's online status. It is designed this way and disabling causes troubles (as you just find out).

Obviously sending requests in a loop is not nice from connman.

• Code
    cp /etc/connman/main.conf /storage/.config/connman_main.conf

^ now edit EnableOnlineCheck to false and it will not perform the check. However, reading the text in the file it will remain in READY state and may not go ONLINE automatically. I'm not sure what the implications of that are (and I'm not near a box to test).

• chewitt. You are my Hero now :)

I knew about that "main.conf" thing but i dont knew how about to change it in the readonly system of libreelec. now the connman is silence. I will test what is going on now without the check.

the config files in the ".config" outdoes the ones in the program directorys?

Many thanks to all people that wanted to help me!

• One of the connman devs has confirmed that READY and ONLINE are basically the same; only with ONLINE you know it's capable of reaching the public internet without proxies, captive portals etc. in the way. Not relevant for your needs but something I'll bank in the brain. I forget why I added the connman_main.conf trick now, but glad it's come in useful eventually :)