v7.95.3 BETA | Display mode change = black screen

• Hello,

I've tried the latest beta (v7.95.3) and I have a black screen when I try to change the display mode (System settings > Video output > Display mode).

My computer is a Shuttle XS35-704 and only has VGA output. When display mode is "default", I only get basic 4:3 resolutions, I need to change the display mode to "vga" to allow full range screen resolutions.

I tried different OpenELEC / LibreELEC versions
    - OpenELEC (various versions): all fine
    - LibreELEC v7.0.3: working fine
    - LibreELEC v7.95.3: black screen when I switch from "default" to "vga"

On my first LibreELEC install, I tried LibreELEC v7.0.3, changed settings, then manual upgrade to v7.95.3. I had video output, but out of screen. I couldn't change the screen resolution because the settings button was out of screen :s
    On the second, I directly installed the v7.95.3, changed display mode, and I get the problem i'm facing now.

My hardware specs:
    - CPU: Intel Atom D510 1,66 GHz
    - Chipset: Intel NM10 Express
    - GPU: Intel GMA 3150
    Shuttle Europe: Specification

I can provide additional details if you want, as I should have ssh access to the computer.

• With the TV powered on and connected with the VGA cable, can you access your machine via SSH and copy/paste the output of the following command

Code
    xrandr

And what is the supported resolution of the TV you have your machine connected to?

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (February 22, 2017 at 2:29 AM).

• I'm currently connecting the device to my computer screen, so the optimal screen resolution is 1680x1050 VGA1 (I'm currently at 1024x768 LVDS1)

Edited once, last by alex-pex (February 24, 2017 at 10:59 PM).

• Are you going to keep it connected to that screen(1680x1050 VGA1) if so SSH try this below;

Code
    echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Code
    echo "xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1680x1050 --rate 60.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Or if you also want to disable the other screen do this below;

Code
    echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Code
    echo "xrandr --output LVDS1 --off && xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1680x1050 --rate 60.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

You might need to change where it says "rate 60.00" to "rate 59.88" or "rate 59.00"

But every time you need to make changes/test, first delete the "autostart.sh" file created by doing this command below before making the change;

Code
    rm /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (February 25, 2017 at 5:25 PM).

• I connected the device to my TV before modifying the default resolution. I ended up putting this autostart script :

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

xrandr --output LVDS1 --off
    xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1280x720 --rate 60.00

It's not the optimal TV resolution, but it's the best I found without offscreen image position.

Here the xrandr of my TV

The problem is fixed, but I don't know why I needed a script to fix the problem.

Edited once, last by alex-pex (February 25, 2017 at 7:44 PM).

• I think it's completly unrelated, but the video decoding is slooooww. I tried a different OS, using Kodi 16, and it's fine.
    (maybe i should post another bug report for this)

• Did you try the same file when when you tried in a different OS?

Looking at the specs of the hardware i wouldn't expect so much,
    you are probably limited to H.264 720p.

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (February 25, 2017 at 8:28 PM).

• Did you try the same file when when you tried in a different OS?

Looking at the specs of the hardware i wouldn't expect so much.

I tried the same file, and the playing performance was perfect
    Using LibreElec it's almost 1 FPS

Here a debuglog : UKYX
    (The playing starts at 21:21:58.960)

• Try setting "Number of buffers used by graphics driver" at 2,
    also "Enable HQ scalers for scaling above" try 30 or 40%,
    try enabling or disabling Hardware acceleration to see if it makes a difference.

Might also be a connection/network problem

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (February 25, 2017 at 8:37 PM).