S905 builds - general discussion

• I've been reading about your reportedly excellent S905 releases - I see you have included capability for S905X in your current WIPs
    How does your roadmap look towards S912 if I may ask? I hope its not too premature to ask and would like to stress it is far from presumptuous on my part!
    I recognize you are probably still quite entrenched in the S905 development, just curious if you have this on your horizon and whether the kernel can 'just' (and I don't mean to trivilaize that) be incorporated or would require a whole new code dedicated to S912 platform?
    Something like the new Beelink GT1 looks attractive but of course at this stage that product would be dependent on the embedded kodi in Android.
    I'm not in immediate hurry to replace my Odroid (C1 - S805) and may elect to wait a while and skip over S905 for S912 when it becomes more viable with some more knowledge out there and valued respected developers like yourself embracing it

• it is related to android in box when i boot LE?

U-boot is bundled with Android firmware, my builds don't replace it. Try upgrading your Android build to get the latest bootloader, this may solve your issue.

How does your roadmap look towards S912 if I may ask?

At this point I have no plans to support S912 boxes.

whether the kernel can 'just' (and I don't mean to trivilaize that) be incorporated or would require a whole new code dedicated to S912 platform?

To support S912 we need a different GPU driver (kernel side) and libraries (userspace). The latter has not been yet provided by Amlogic.

• kszaq

thanks for kick! i must update it and add licence file when flash via PC method, in licence is for every interface:

• Edit \\LibreELEC\Userdata\peripheral_data\cec_0000_0000.xml and replace <setting id="device_type" value="4" /> with <setting id="device_type" value="1" />. Reboot.

CEC barley worked once i moved to s905 from my pi2, the navigation keys etc worked/stopped randomly which required me to connect cec again. Once i switched the value to 4 the TV remote started to work just like the Pi and shows up as a recorder.

CEC is much more stable on my TV with value=4

Edited once, last by JonSnow (September 11, 2016 at 4:28 AM).

• Do any of K's S905 builds work on the "X96 S905X"? I think this might be the box I'll go for.

EDIT: Seems that Garyang's build works with this box: LibreELEC

Not sure if it's running on Nand or SD. I would like to keep Android this time around and run LE from SD.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (September 12, 2016 at 11:18 AM).

• Hy kszaq,
    How about k1plus dvb drivers?
    Can you make a dev version with added k1plus drivers to other dvb drivers for testing?
    Thank you for your hard work!
    I will make it worth your while!

Edited once, last by envagyok (September 13, 2016 at 5:28 AM).

• Hy kszaq,
    How about k1plus dvb drivers?
    Can you make a dev version with added k1plus drivers to other dvb drivers for testing?
    Thank you for your hard work!
    I will make it worth your while!

Please have a little bit more patience, I will try to make it available for testing this week.

• Please have a little bit more patience, I will try to make it available for testing this week.

Thanks so much for that ! Also can be use for K2 Pro combo TV box? Tuners inside is same , just diferent revision and build date.

Edited once, last by kokovi4 (September 13, 2016 at 9:46 AM).

• Hi kszaq!
    Sorry for my stupid question but have you any plan to fix on/off issue on s905 1g 8m boxes?
    I have nexbox a95x (s905 1g 8m). On .007 I can switch it off but cant switch on again with rcu button. No matter whether wifi is connected or not.
    On .005 it is not possible to switch box off when wi-fi is on. Even "reboot -f" in ssh does not work.
    Thank you for your work!

• Hi kszaq!
    Sorry for my stupid question but have you any plan to fix on/off issue on s905 1g 8m boxes?
    I have nexbox a95x (s905 1g 8m). On .007 I can switch it off but cant switch on again with rcu button. No matter whether wifi is connected or not.

You have to contact Nexbox and tell them to fix their u-boot. They ignored my requests, maybe they won't ignore you.

• You have to contact Nexbox and tell them to fix their u-boot. They ignored my requests, maybe they won't ignore you.

Same thing with my Minix NEO U1. Not able to power on with remote on .007.

This is very important for me since my box is hidden behind a tv for certain reasons. It is not impossible to reach but very uncomfortable for sure.

Thank you!

• You have to contact Nexbox and tell them to fix their u-boot. They ignored my requests, maybe they won't ignore you.

I see...
    I foresee their reply. They sold the andriod box. Because there is no on/off problem in android so they have nothing to fix...
    Any way, thank you!

• Even better Next time you buy a Box NEXBOX. means DONT BUY.
    I have one of these boxes which was given to me to flash LE and it is an issue.
    I have asked for U-BootBin firmware and it was like i was asking for their credit card details.
    Rude couldn't give a damn. This company just rushes out to release the newest chips for the cheapest price
    With whatever software boots up the box and then who cares.

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 13, 2016 at 1:41 PM).

• Just leave it on, they take very little power.

The box is quite hot and I'm not sure is it safe to leave it on all the time.
    Besides, the only purpose for this box for me is watching stream TV from my vu+ satellite receiver on another TV with "VU+ / Enigma2 Client" kodi add-on. So if I leave the box on, it leaves sat receiver busy.

@kszaq
    Stupid suggestion. If true power on/off is not possible, may be you can think about just shutting down kodi and starting it up again with rcu power button?
    :huh:

Edited once, last by rx5670 (September 13, 2016 at 1:33 PM).