[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi Kszaq,

How can I display AML-MBAUDIO S/PDIF as audio output and passthrough audio ouput?

Do I need a special DTB file other than gxbb_p201.dtb ?

Thanks

At this point it is only possible to have dual audio output, as you mentioned in your previous post. Device tree cannot change it.

• Hi,

I am trying to compile the 7.0.3.012g, and it is failing :

Code
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make -j13 amlpkg

And here is the output I get

I have the same output if I select Rpi2 project...
    Any idea ?
    I am trying to compile with Ubuntu 16.10 64bits

• 7.0.3.012h build is available to download with some minor tweaks and added BCM4335A0/B0 firmware. I'll update OP soon.

Thanks for continue working on 7.x stack!

Honestly I don't understand (well I understand the development cycle, but I'm not agree) why we don't have new stable releases from upstream like Kodi 16.2 or Libreelec 7.1 to fill the gap between new mayor versions. Last stable version from Kodi was from April 2016!.

• Honestly I don't understand (well I understand the development cycle, but I'm not agree) why we don't have new stable releases from upstream like Kodi 16.2 or Libreelec 7.1 to fill the gap between new mayor versions. Last stable version from Kodi was from April 2016!

My continuous updates are aimed at specific hardware and almost all changes in my releases all Amlogic-specific. There is no need for Kodi (or LE) to update 16/7.0 - it's stable and in good shape on other platforms.

Last stable version from Kodi was 2 days ago. :P

• Hi Kszaq,

I want to update my Bqeel S905X 2G/16Gb to 7.0.3.012h from "g" (LE installed on SD). The device tree looks the same (gxl_p212_2g.dtb 23-Jan-2017 20:21 37913). No changes there?

• kszaq one quest: is there any need to use Kodi 17? Are there any advantages like for example video stability and functionality compared to 16.1?
    Asking cause I have at times glitches in Live TV on 17 (RC3 though), but I also changed the tuner on tvheadend backend, so I try to localize the problem, that's why I ask.

Edited once, last by vlaves (February 3, 2017 at 3:09 PM).

• I think for Amlogic Jarvis is still a bit better in terms of video playback. Once a few glitches that are still present in Krypton are fixed, I will start recommending Krypton.
    [hr]

Hi Kszaq,

I want to update my Bqeel S905X 2G/16Gb to 7.0.3.012h from "g" (LE installed on SD). The device tree looks the same (gxl_p212_2g.dtb 23-Jan-2017 20:21 37913). No changes there?

Device trees for all builds from 7.0.3.010 are the same. When switching between those builds you do not need to supply a service tree in update folder.

Edited once, last by kszaq (February 3, 2017 at 3:30 PM).

• Quick question, if I want to use the av port (not the HDMI) on my box do I have to stick to android or is that port still useable when I install libreelec to nand. For use on an old CRT monitor

Edited once, last by DjTeaser (February 3, 2017 at 3:39 PM).

• much appreciated for the builds! I have everything working well on 2 s905x mk809iv sticks, only problem is when i watch videos the first second or so of audio is missing then it comes in perfectly in sync etc.. not the worst problem and unnoticeable on videos that dont have immediate sounds. all my vids are watched over network streaming

any ideas?

cheers

Luke

• My everyday device is WeTek Hub (gift from WeTek), I also have Odroid C2 (gift from Hardkernel) and T95x - the cheapest S905X device that was available at the time I was buying, but I don't like it for its weak WiFi. I used to have Beelink MiniMX but I broke down some time ago. I also have a few S805 devices - for testing only.

Thanks so much for this information, it's very helpful. I had never considered using an Odroid C2, but if you have good luck with that, I'm going to order one and test.

Do you use the official LibreELEC build for ODroid, or is one of your device trees geared towards the C2 as well (I only ask because I didn't see anything specific in the device tree)?

Do you have any opinion on whether any of the differences in the hardware are better/worse? For example do you suggest the 1GB vs 2GB boxes or the 8GB vs 16GB eMMC's or 100 Mbps versus Gigabit chipsets?

Thank you in advance!