rpi3, TT S2-3650-CI with HH90 rotor (usals) problems

• Hello,
    I have a rpi3 with Libreelec 7.90.009 and tvheadend 4.2 and a selfsat hh90 rotor.
    As long as the TT S2-3650-CI USB box is directly connected to the LNB, everything works fine, when the HH90 rotor is connected between USB receiver and LNB, nothing works, even no sat reception on the current satellite.

When I replace the rpi3 with my old Windows PC (vista) and DVBViewer everything works OK (even the rotor).

It could be that this is a power consumption problem of the HH90 rotor, but since I tested with an external powered usb hub between rpi and usb receiver box, and the usb receiver box (TT S2-3650-CI) has also a separate power adapter, I don't think that this is the case.

So for me it looks like the problem is either in the driver or tvheadend.

To test the driver I used diseqctool.py from GitHub - AdamLaurie/satmap: A feedhunter's visualisation tool. (you need to download 3 py files diseqctool.py dvb.py utils.py)
    but non of the rotor moving commands worked.
    tvheadend has no way to manually test diseqc commands so I could not test if the problem is on the driver side...

Any Ideas are welcome, even suggestion for a different USB receiver known to work...

Thanks Ognian
    [hr]
    found this:
    Fwd: various patches for TT S2-3650 CI — Linux media
    actually this describes a patch (included in the above link) for the lnbp22.c of the driver allowing for enough power when a motor is there...
    This sounds very interesting ...
    [hr]
    CvH can you check if the code of above patch is included either in the standard kernel drivers or in your distribution? This would help me a lot

Thanks Ognian

Edited once, last by Ognian (December 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM).