[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Also rather oddly, bringing up the Info screen it shows the stream as 23.976 when it's actually 25fps (which normally shows as 50 due to interlacing I guess).

I get that on twitch streams

Never noticed it on pvr channels.

With the new update i don't see any difference in channel switching using mediaportal, maybe others see it as they are using tvheadend on the box they are using

Edited once, last by dazed (March 16, 2017 at 2:10 PM).

• Just want to send a thanks out. I installed the latest build on my Minix Neo and the audio starts right away on all my sources. No more waiting for it to kick in. There has also been improvements in seek time as well. A lot quicker.

Yes, same here! On my box the audio is completely in sync, without having to adapt anything (until now)! Excellent :cool:

• For people who for some reason want to try 64bit 8.0.0f : LE – Google Drive
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20170316170002-r25706-g166816a.img.gz
    [built verbatim from kszaq repository]
    The addons are not updated (same git hash as 8.0.0e)
    DVB-TV (pvr.hts client + tvheadend42 server) zapping and audio sync feel faster. So does GUI.

• I get that on twitch streams

Never noticed it on pvr channels.

With the new update i don't see any difference in channel switching using mediaportal, maybe others see it as they are using tvheadend on the box they are using

Sorry about my dumb question!
    How to get on screen informations, like in your picture?
    attachment.php?aid=1194

Edited once, last by liv2017 (March 16, 2017 at 4:37 PM).

• For people who for some reason want to try 64bit 8.0.0f : LE – Google Drive
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20170316170002-r25706-g166816a.img.gz
    [built verbatim from kszaq repository]
    The addons are not updated (same git hash as 8.0.0e)
    DVB-TV (pvr.hts client + tvheadend42 server) zapping and audio sync feel faster. So does GUI.

Sorry, which is the difference between 32bit and 64bit versions?

• No difference in image functionality, only built using 64bit toolchain (after all S905/S905X is a 64bit machine).
    I assume the 64 mem leak is fixed, ... Of course, 64bit takes more RAM. But then, I have 2GB RAM.
    Also, 64bit will (unlike 32bit) not support certain 32bit addons (which may not have their 64 equivalent).
    All addons I personally need work, and some I build up to date myself (they are to be found same URL location).
    One reason why I keep running 64bit is because I have a chroot in which I maintain a stage3 64bit gentoo linux system.

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (March 16, 2017 at 4:52 PM).

• No difference in image functionality, only built using 64bit toolchain (after all S905/S905X is a 64bit machine).
    I assume the 64 mem leak is fixed, ... Of course, 64bit takes more RAM. But then, I have 2GB RAM.
    Also, 64bit will (unlike 32bit) not support certain 32bit addons (which may not have their 64 equivalent).
    All addons I personally need work, and some I build up to date myself (they are to be found same URL location).
    One reason why I keep running 64bit is because I have a chroot in which I maintain a stage3 64bit gentoo linux system.

Thanks for the explaination :)

• Sorry about my dumb question!
    How to get on screen informations, like in your picture?
    attachment.php?aid=1194

The top one is PlayerDebug and the bottom one is PlayerProcessInfo both can be set to a key in the remote.xm mine looks like this
    [code=php]
    <FullscreenVideo>
    <remote>
    <zero>Number0</zero>
    <one>Number1</one>
    <two>Number2</two>
    <three>Number3</three>
    <four>Number4</four>
    <five>Number5</five>
    <six>Number6</six>
    <seven>Number7</seven>
    <eight>Number8</eight>
    <nine>Number9</nine>
    <left>StepBack</left>
    <right>StepForward</right>
    <up>ChapterOrBigStepForward</up>
    <down>ChapterOrBigStepBack</down>
    <back>Back</back>
    <menu>OSD</menu>
    <contentsmenu>OSD</contentsmenu>
    <rootmenu>OSD</rootmenu>
    <start>OSD</start>
    <select>OSD</select>
    <info>Info</info>
    <guide>ActivateWindow(PVROSDGuide)</guide>
    <teletext>ActivateWindow(Teletext)</teletext>
    <subtitle>NextSubtitle</subtitle>
    <star>NextSubtitle</star>
    <language>AudioNextLanguage</language>
    <playlist>Playlist</playlist>
    <hash>AudioNextLanguage</hash>
    <pageplus>SkipNext</pageplus>
    <pageminus>SkipPrevious</pageminus>
    <title>Info</title>
    <red>Playlist</red>
    <green>PlayerProcessInfo</green>
    <yellow>PlayerDebug</yellow>
    <blue>NextSubtitle</blue>
    </remote>
    </FullscreenVideo>
    [/php]

Edited once, last by dazed (March 16, 2017 at 6:48 PM).

• Hi I wanna buy A95X 1GB/8GB for only libreelec (Thank you kszaq!) Is it work wifi correct? I bought T95X it works great except wifi so I have to buy enable wifi model

Thank you very much

• Hi I wanna buy A95X 1GB/8GB for only libreelec (Thank you kszaq!) Is it work wifi correct? I bought T95X it works great except wifi so I have to buy enable wifi model

Thank you very much

Yes, WiFi works fine for this model. The WiFi range is short because of the poor antennas, but that's not something LibreELEC can solve ;)

• Hi there,

i have some strange problems with my LibreElec 8.0.0.e Kodi 17. The mainly part i use kodi, is to watch the nba games with the nba leage pass.
    With kodi 16.1 it works absolutely fine. But since i updated to 8.0.0e there a problems with the on demand streams. Because of living in germany i cannot watch always live :P :D so i watch mainly the next day on demand.

The problem is, that the stream freezes and sometimes the sound don't stop, timecode is moving, so i have to stop the stream and start it again from the nba addon. This works, but i have to do it, maybe ten times or more, in a single game..... :dodgy: :s
    Can i do something to solve the problem or post anything that anyone may have a look at the problem???

thx and greets

• It's been a quiet week for LE 8.0 and Kodi 17 so let's break something. :D

8.0.0f posted in OP with an experimental change to HW decoder that might improve seek and channel switching times - please report if they're better, worse or the same. There is also a performance bump for S905X (it's still a bit slower than S905 but the gap is now much smaller) and improvement to Bluetooth audio. Enjoy!

I can confirm that software decoded playback of 720p h264 10bit videos, which was dropping a lot of frames on S905X and worked fine on S905 on earlier versions has improved on S905X. I only tried a few files and currently cannot do side-by-side comparisons, but the tested files were watchable. Big thumbs up to kszaq for this "bump".