Different Transmission

• Coming from OpenELEC, I used the Transmission Addon from the unofficial repo a lot.
    I've read about the LibreELEC merge from unofficial with the official repo, so I installed Transmission from the Kodi Addons.
    However this version is different, it lacks configuration and I can't even access the web app

Is it possible to provide a addon package of transmission or another way to install the version as used in OpenELEC?

• There is a low desire in the team for our repo to host and sustain add-ons that are basically used for piracy. In theory torrent add-ons can be used for legitimate purposes, but none of us ever met that user. As long as you're not using a WeTek box (which runs a too-old Linux kernel) you should have a look at the Docker addon and the posibilities it opens up.

• It is just an application which is supported on OpenELEC (wouldn't this be the same issue then) and piracy was never the intention, even by the developer I guess.

Thanks for the hint for using docker, this would truly make LibreELEC more powerful, I always hated the OpenELEC restictions as being a kind of closed OS, but wasn't fan of OSMC either

I managed to get the OpenELEC version of the addon working on LibreELEC though so I am happy for now

• It is just an application which is supported on OpenELEC (wouldn't this be the same issue then) and piracy was never the intention, even by the developer I guess.

Thanks for the hint for using docker, this would truly make LibreELEC more powerful, I always hated the OpenELEC restictions as being a kind of closed OS, but wasn't fan of OSMC either

I managed to get the OpenELEC version of the addon working on LibreELEC though so I am happy for now

Where did you get the version and how you make it work?

• Nice, I might try docker once, but this is for my Pi and as there is not a working example for that, you can try this this:
    Download transmission as were developed for OpenELEC here and edit the addon file inside (open with 7zip) and alter dependencies to libreelec
    Works great

• There is another way to make it work with new builds.
    SSH int libreelec then execute:

Enable/Disable addon or. just restart LibreElec.

• Read post 5 above

But I Wetek Play Doсker will not work, is not it?

There is a low desire in the team for our repo to host and sustain add-ons that are basically used for piracy. In theory torrent add-ons can be used for legitimate purposes, but none of us ever met that user. As long as you're not using a WeTek box (which runs a too-old Linux kernel) you should have a look at the Docker addon and the posibilities it opens up.

• Nice, I might try docker once, but this is for my Pi and as there is not a working example for that, you can try this this:
    Download transmission as were developed for OpenELEC here and edit the addon file inside (open with 7zip) and alter dependencies to libreelec
    Works great

how do I alter dependencies to libreelec

• First, check LibreElec version from os.libreelec.tv addon:

/usr/share/kodi/addons/http://os.libreelec.tv/addon.xml

XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <addon id="os.libreelec.tv" version="7.0" provider-name="LibreELEC.tv">
        <requires>
            <import addon="xbmc.addon" version="12.0"/>
        </requires>
    </addon>

Then, edit addon.xml inside the zip file and replace os.openelec.tv with os.libreelec.tv and corresponding version, within the requires section. In my example:

Code
    <requires>
        <import addon="os.libreelec.tv" version="7.0"/>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
    </requires>

• There is another way to make it work with new builds.
    SSH int libreelec then execute:

Enable/Disable addon or. just restart LibreElec.

I set up transmission for the first time on the Millhouse (Oct 31) build of LibreElect (Krypton Beta) using the instructions above. All working fine
    I wanted to set up transmission on another Raspberry Pi also running LibreElect (Krypton Beta)
    However when I install, stop the service, create the directory and restart, there is no web interface on port 9091
    I compared the output of ps on both RasPi (there are the same spec RP2s both on the same wired ethernet network) and there is no transmission daemon running on the second box even though the addon manger says the Transition Services is installed and enabled.
    Invoking the damon from the command line (I used the output of PS on the first Pi where its all working fine)

Pi2:~ # transmission-daemon -f -w /storage/downloads --incomplete
    transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.35: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Pi2:~ # find / | grep librtmp.so.0
    /usr/lib/librtmp.so.0

I'm not sure why the service is not working, but I think the installation is not working, its an OpenElec stock installed, updated using a tarball to the Krypton Beta and I'm using the Millhouse build Nov15

Pi2:~ # uname -or
    4.8.7 GNU/Linux
    Pi2:~ # lsb_release -irc
    LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20161115022155-#1114-g055384b [Build #1114]

The unit that will not successfully install Transmission is a TV Headend server (USB DVB2 Tuner) but that's the only difference in terms of what's installed. The other unit with transmission working is a TVSP client for the TV Headend server.

Found this post Torrenting on LibreELEC 7.0.2 with RPi3 : libreELEC I was missing this last commend after the mkdir command

cp /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.37.0.0 /storage/.kodi/addons/service.downloadmanager.transmission/lib/libcrypto.so.35

A couple of errors (Forbidden 403) etc but a restart and it all seems fine!

Edited once, last by frownbreaker (November 18, 2016 at 12:44 AM).

• First, check LibreElec version from os.libreelec.tv addon:

/usr/share/kodi/addons/http://os.libreelec.tv/addon.xml

XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <addon id="os.libreelec.tv" version="7.0" provider-name="LibreELEC.tv">
    <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.addon" version="12.0"/>
    </requires>
    </addon>

Then, edit addon.xml inside the zip file and replace os.openelec.tv with os.libreelec.tv and corresponding version, within the requires section. In my example:

Code
    <requires>
    <import addon="os.libreelec.tv" version="7.0"/>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
    </requires>

Just came here to say thanks a lot for these instructions. I had the same libreelec version as you, but for some reason my libcrypto version was 35 instead of 37. so I made the adjustment and was able to get the milhouse transmission version working.

couldn't have done it without this post. thanks.

• There is a low desire in the team for our repo to host and sustain add-ons that are basically used for piracy. In theory torrent add-ons can be used for legitimate purposes, but none of us ever met that user. As long as you're not using a WeTek box (which runs a too-old Linux kernel) you should have a look at the Docker addon and the posibilities it opens up.

Wow, your team has a lot of personal thoughts on what's piracy, and whats not.

Please reconsider. I never heard that using transmission is against the law in any country.