Cheap device for 4K

• Hello,

I read the forum, and it looks that both S905 and S905X device could handle 4K resolution

Which device do you recommend? I want a cheap one if it is possible.

Kind regards.

• Cheap is relative and down to what you consider cheap.

The S905 boxes are better supported but S905X support is getting much better.

Aliexpress is a good place to start with to buy a suitable box.

• Thanks Thomas,

I want to know which device are used by developers for 4K.

I know that there is the new Wetek, but this is 3-4 times expensive than other chinese ones.

I want to start playing with a good supported 4K cheap device.

Kind regards.

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

• There is no such thing as good supported cheap Chinese device. ;) If you want support from vendor, the devices are more expensive: WeTek, Odroid, Minix...

If you don't care about Android, look at RAM and internal memory size, ethernet and WiFi speed - as some devices come with 802.11ac. Pick any box with the features you want.

And if you don't care about HDR output or VP9 decoding, pick S905 over S905X.

Edited once, last by kszaq (October 2, 2016 at 10:09 PM).

• There is no such thing as good supported cheap Chinese device. ;) If you want support from vendor, the devices are more expensive: WeTek, Odroid, Minix...

If you don't care about Android, look at RAM and internal memory size, ethernet and WiFi speed - as some devices come with 802.11ac. Pick any box with the features you want.

And if you don't care about HDR output or VP9 decoding, pick S905 over S905X.

Thanks kszaq!

I am thinking in Beelink MiniMXIII. I prefer to buy a device that developer has, do you have any S905 device?

Best regards.