7.0.2.007 build for S905

• [hr]

assume you used the mxq dtb? Do you know what motherboard you have and the firmware version? p200 or p201?

Hi jonsnow,

My device is the first batch of device... v1 blue card (like yours i believe?)
    And i test with mxq dtb, 201 dtb, 1g 100m dtb... no sucess. Device doesn't boot on NAND. Stuck on boot logo.
    So, now Sd way is working! but NAND must be faster ;)

Edited once, last by roolmapool (September 12, 2016 at 11:34 PM).

• Installed on KII pro: no problem for upgrade, but now only one USB ( I have 4 USB) is working!! With 006 all 4 USB was working. I tried with hard disk and with a keyboard, always only one USB work.
    I don't changed my device tree because you wrote "this is not needed if everything worked for you at 7.0.2.006", it's correct?
    Now I go for downgrade at 006.

Confirming i used the K2_Pro device tree SD card for MiniM8sPro which fixed wifi shutting down and lost 1 of 2 USB ports
    LibreELEC

• @ kostaman: My KII pro have 4 SIDE USB ports and no USB ports back. In your post you speak about BACK USB port, but I don't have it in my box. But your box is different.
    I tried all USB port, and only one don't work (with new device tree). With old device tree, used for 006 build, the USB working is only one and is the USB that don't work with new device tree.

• @ kostaman: My KII pro have 4 SIDE USB ports and no USB ports back. In your post you speak about BACK USB port, but I don't have it in my box. But your box is different.
    I tried all USB port, and only one don't work (with new device tree). With old device tree, used for 006 build, the USB working is only one and is the USB that don't work with new device tree.

It is OK i am just making kszaq aware of the port failure from .006 to .007 on my box as well.
    Edit: I have not tried .006 on my box with the k2_pro tree.
    Edit : Just tried .006 k2_pro tree Side USB port not recognised.
    My box has only 2 usb ports.
    Sorry about the confusion. :D

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 13, 2016 at 6:14 AM).

• kostaman  willyfan I uploaded updated device trees to downloads folder. As your devices have 2GB RAM, please try gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb

To be clear: if you run from SD card, it is enough to download the device tree, rename it to dtb.img and copy to your SD card. No toothpick magic necessary.

• Hi guys

Given the issues I have had i have reverted back to version 002 and have managed to get this loaded at the first time of asking.....however, the remote does not work, so please could someone advise where i find the remote file for a T95N Mini MX+ and where do i need to put it to hopefully get things working....many thanks.

• kostaman  willyfan I uploaded updated device trees to downloads folder. As your devices have 2GB RAM, please try gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb

To be clear: if you run from SD card, it is enough to download the device tree, rename it to dtb.img and copy to your SD card. No toothpick magic necessary.

If you are reading this please Note :This is NOT a fix for NAND Installation

MiniM8sPro 2G/8G SD Card Install .
    Device tree used below.
    gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb

Fixed Everything
    Both Ports now recognised :idea:
    Wifi Works
    Ethernet Works
    Total Memory 1819MB
    All looks good kszaq:D
    [hr]

Hi guys

Given the issues I have had i have reverted back to version 002 and have managed to get this loaded at the first time of asking.....however, the remote does not work, so please could someone advise where i find the remote file for a T95N Mini MX+ and where do i need to put it to hopefully get things working....many thanks.

Please supply your box specs as these boxes use same names.
    1gb/8gb or 2gb / 8gb ?

Are you running SD card or Nand ?
    SMB into your box
    Now please download remote.conf MEGA
    Copy it and paste it to your config folder/directory
    REBOOT your box and let me know.

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 13, 2016 at 8:54 AM).

• Please supply your box specs as these boxes use same names.
    1gb/8gb or 2gb / 8gb ?

Are you running SD card or Nand ?
    SMB into your box
    Now please download remote.conf MEGA
    Copy it and paste it to your config folder/directory
    REBOOT your box and let me know.

Thanks Kostaman...its a 1gb/8gb.

Would you happen to have one for the Beelink Mini MXiii as well please? 2gb/16g

Many thanks

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 13, 2016 at 12:45 PM).

• kszaq
    I think you might have to change "I strongly recommend trying running this release from SD card/USB drive before installing to internal memory!" To "Do not install to internal memory unless you have factory Android Firmware U-Boot.Bin to recover in case of Device Tree causing freeze on Boot up Logo."
    I just tried gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb for Nand Install and it froze on Boot up logo.
    That same device tree works perfect for SD card install.
    I have the Factory firmware so i got box back to Android.
    Just a suggestion before disasters.

Ok, now all is working. I tried also multichannel audio, and it work well. Very GOOD!!!

• Flashed it on SD and put into my Mini M8S II with S905X chip with toothstick method. Initial test show that everythings seems to work flawless, but sometimes I get *** Error in mount flash: mount common: Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 *** when booting.

Unfortunately Moonlight doesn't seem to work: after installing and configuring it I tried to open Steam, but after two seconds screen goes blank and it's back to Kodi (log reads "Platform 'default' not found"). Any chance this will work with the S905X chipset in the future?

Edited once, last by dr.d (September 13, 2016 at 8:42 PM).

• Hi,

tried 007 on SD by updating from .006. All fine so far as i can tell on my box. Multichannel PCM is working as expected.

When i exit Kodi, i get some noise (like "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr") before the shutdown, like if the sound driver get's somehow distored.

Beside that, i'm getting this in Kodi.log:

19:58:55 T:547776032768 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmc.org
    19:58:55 T:547776032768 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.aeon.nox.silvo
    19:58:55 T:547776032768 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.robwebset
    19:58:55 T:547776032768 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.libreelec.tv
    19:58:55 T:547776032768 ERROR: AML: no rw on /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode
    19:58:56 T:547776032768 NOTICE: InitWindowSystem: Using EGL Implementation: amlogic
    19:58:56 T:547776032768 NOTICE: Found resolution 720 x 480 for display 0 with 720 x 480 @ 60.000000 Hz
    19:58:56 T:547776032768 NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 60.000000 Hz
    19:58:56 T:547776032768 NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 60.000000 Hz
    19:58:56 T:547776032768 NOTICE: Found ([email protected]) at 18, setting to RES_DESKTOP at 16

..dunno if this makes any trouble.

• What do you means by U-Boot.Bin firmware ? Is it recovery.img, found on Android SD for example or something else ?

• What do you means by U-Boot.Bin firmware ? Is it recovery.img, found on Android SD for example or something else ?

You need the Factory Android Firmware from your supplier or if someone at the forum with the same box can point you to the firmware link.
    Generally the supplier will have it uploaded somewhere in the cloud and you download the rar and unpack it.
    Un packed they generally have the version of Amlogic Bootmaker tool along with the firmware.
    You have to Make the U-Boot with the tool and then transfer the files to SD AFTER THAT.
    Insert sd card , Toothpick recovery and then Fresh Install happens.
    Sorry about the quick cut down instructions. Google Amlogic Bootmaker tool and you will get what i mean.
    With the firmware i have described i have never not been able to bring a 64bit S905 back to life.
    Hope this helps.
    [hr]

kostaman  willyfan I uploaded updated device trees to downloads folder. As your devices have 2GB RAM, please try gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb

kszaq
    The thread i started re wifi has been marked Solved.
    It is solved for SD card Installation
    But not for NAND .

NAND Installation is a Freeze using the same device tree that fixed SD Card Install.
    LibreELEC

My Summary
    LibreELEC

Sorry I'm not sure how this works as far as it being marked as solved ? :huh:

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 14, 2016 at 8:41 AM).

• Hi kszaq,

Congrats to you for this build (.007). It's a big improvement (for me) over .005. :)

The only (small) issue I have to report is this:-

I'm running v007 on micro SD card on Beelink MX64 (2gb ram, 8gb NAND and 1gig ethernet - wifi AP6330). It appears that when rebooting from kodi (using the kodi built-in command 'Reboot', the screen size in the kodi GUI is slightly wrong - the screen is slightly too large to fit in the display - the edges are not completely visible. However, if I play any video file (even for just 1 second) and then stop playback, the screen is corrected and everything works perfect from that point onwards.

Whenever I power up from cold, the problem does not occur, just appears to be rebooting from within kodi - so far it happens every time.

I would rate this as a minor problem as the screen corrects itself as soon as any file is played. Also, when it does happen, the GUI is usable, it's just that the edges (top, bottom, left and right) are slightly chopped off.

I have used the video calibration in kodi and both the kodi GUI calibration and the kodi playback calibration are identical in terms of setup values. My screen size is 1920x1080 at 60p. The offsets are (-2,0) top left, (-2,0) bottom right, and 1065 for the subtitle line.

FYI, I also have an S812 box running wilro's LE v7 (which I know you did a lot of work on!) from micro SD and this issue does not occur on that device.

Thanks very much once again for your efforts - I'm really enjoying using my MX64 now (playback from LE kodi is so much better than kodi using the Android firmware).

Edited once, last by ukmark62 (September 14, 2016 at 12:38 PM).

• Hi,

I tried to install LE on my MXQ Pro 4K Box (OTT TV) I ordered a while ago from ali. My main problem is that pushing the reset button has no effect. Probably the same problem like here or here (not open the box until now).

I can enter the recovery over typing 'reboot recovery' in a Terminal Emulator. I don't know how I can boot LE from there. Maybe I can make the box boot from SD/USB by execute the s905_autoscript to modify the uboot env?

By the way, the box seems to have a p201 device tree, because the android build number is 'p201-userdebug 5.1.1 lmy47v 20160323 test-keys'.

I am happy about every hint.

Regards