NUC6CAYH with LibreElec - Some questions

• Hi Everyone,

I just got myself a NUC 6CAYH with the Celeron J3455 CPU. The reason I got this was because I was under the impression that it has HDMI 2.0 and hence 4k @ 60Hz, and does hardware decoding on HEVC (x265) 10 bit.
    However I'm having a few issues I'm hoping to get some help with.

My current set up is

NUC (LE 8.0.1) >--- HDMI --> AVR (Onkyo 545) >--- HDMI ---> TV (4k with HDMI 2.0)

First problem:
    I can only get 4k @ 30Hz. Both my AVR and TV supports HDMI 2.0 4k @ 60Hz. I've checked the specs on the Nuc, and it's advertised the same. Is there some setting in the bios, hardware, or LE I should be looking at?

Second problem:
    I can't actually play 10 bit HEVC videos. Does LE 8.0.1 not support the cpu? Or is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advanced.

• 10bit HEVC is not official just yet in LE 8.x, it is planned for Kodi 18 Leia.

But there are test builds available that you can try.
    See here: thread-7502-post-45608.html#pid45608

As for your setup: try getting things to work without the AVR first.
    [hr]
    ADDENDUM:

As per Piotrasd:
    "4k 30Hz that becuase not all CEA modes are implemented
    is no problem to add missing mode over xorg.conf" :)

Edited once, last by Klojum (April 23, 2017 at 12:51 PM).

• Since you have an Apollo Lake CPU in your NUC and the same DisplayPort to HDMI converter chip as iam having on my ASRock J4205 ITX mainboard, it makes sense for you to follow this thread here:

Intel Apollo Lake

There is also a firmware update available for the DisplayPort to HDMI converter chip that solves some potential issues and that may be of interest to you:

Download HDMI 2.0 Firmware Update Tool for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BN, NUC7i5BN, NUC7i7BN, NUC6CAY

Still there are some things left that need fixing on all ends before everything is going to work as expected.

Edited once, last by backslash (May 3, 2017 at 9:42 AM).