Green Line displayed at bottom of video [HEVC, ODROID C2]

• Hi,

when I try to play some of my HEVC video files on ODROID C2, Libreelec 8.0.1 official release, a green line is displayed at the bottom of the video screen (not the bottom of the screen). For other HEVC files, sometimes it is displayed at the right side, for others it is not displayed at all.
    This issue is not a HW issue because the same video file plays back without problems on Libreelec installed on Android for Odroid C2.
    I use plexmediaconnect to stream the files from my NAS to ODROID C2, but the same issue occurrs when playing the file directly through file manager.
    Issue happens only with HEVC files. The same movie encoded in H264 works flawlessly.
    Issue also occurs with and without Kodi adjusting the frame rate.

Video samples can be downloaded from:
    Dropbox - Video Samples

Cheers
    Alex

Edited once, last by Alexus1211 (April 19, 2017 at 8:45 AM).

• Hi,

can anyone try to check the files I've attached and confirm this error? I am using an LG UHD TV 49" (LG 49UH661V). Could it be something over HDMI that my LG does not understand? As I mentioend before, the same does not occur in the same constellation if kodi on Android is used.

Help appreciated.
    Cheers Alex

• WeTek Hub running Marshmallow Firmware - Kodi Krypton - 2nd File sample = green line bottom of video

Xiaomi Mi Box running Nougat test Firmware - Kodi Krypton - 2nd File Sample = video picture clear

ODROID C2 running my custom version of LE 8.0.1 with some backported Nougat Kernel code = green line bottom of video

Conclusion, something is up with encoding of this video - it's the first HEVC encoded video I've ever seen displaying this problem, and I've watched and tested a LOT.

• thanks wrxtasy for your reply.
    the files have been re-encoded to HEVC with latest Handbrake for windows from my old H264 collection to reduce server space. I tried other files encoded with the same Handbrake preset and many of those do not show this issue.
    Handbrake uses the intel Quicksync encoder under windows 10 Home edition, system running a Gigabit BRIX with Intel I3 KabyLake processor. The latest Intel drivers and Quicksync libraries are being installed on this system.

As I said before, the files that show this problem do not have any issues running on Android C2 Marshmallow 6.0.1 and Kodi 17 installed from the Google store. I also tried those files on VLC on Intel BRIX and on my MACBook, No issues at all. Running Plex client on my LG TV natively does not show this issue either.

This is really strange. In case you need more files for test, please do no hesitate to ask.
    Thanks