Wiki needs to be updated for building from git

• To: LibreELEC Wiki maintainers

Can someone please update the Wiki for building LibreELEC from source.

The following entries for building for RaspberryPi1 (the target I am building for) is incorrect and throws an error.

In LibreELEC Wiki as of 16/04/2017:

Code
    PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm

This should be:

Code
    PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi ARCH=arm

If you don't include the new "DEVICE=" field the build script throws an error.

Examples:

Code
    # This will throw an error

PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm make image

Code
    # This works for RaspberryPi1 Target

PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi ARCH=arm make image

I haven't tested the other combinations/targets.

Please update the LibreELEC Wiki so that it shows the current syntax for the different targets.

Link to out-of-date page:

Compile - LibreELEC

Thank you for your assistance.

• J876

Please (if you like) feel free to create a Wiki account. So you are able to contribute. We always love to get some help regarding to contributions on our wiki. ;)

• I have Raspberry Pi 3. Ubuntu Desktop 16.04.02 LTS

PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi2 ARCH=arm make image <--- using this code does not work for me on 8.0.1 version. It gave me error as "please specify your Device." However, it works if i compile on Master, version 9.x

I can only use this code to compile 8.0.1, PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm make image

Just wondering any different between the two codes? Thanks

• Hi,

What is the purpose of "rm -rf /home/user/.ccache-libreelec/" in step #9? thread-7848.html

Per Mod Klojum, " LibreELEC has no "/home" folder to begin with. So I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve with deleting a totally non-existent folder and its subfolders."

Thank you for taking the time to write in wiki. It's very helpful.

• ccache is compiler cache which speeds up recompilation. In your case it is /home/Eva/.ccache-libreelec.
    But in master branch this folder is inside build folder (build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/.ccache for example). Seems another thing to fix in wiki.
    [hr]
    Ccache folder in master is build.LibreELEC-..........-9.0-devel/.ccache. It is good to remove it when some kernel is bumped or if some package doesn't build but on previous build it was.

Edited once, last by vpeter (April 27, 2017 at 8:06 PM).