Missing dm140 Futaba VFD driver from LCDProc

• Around in the version v7.90.006 the dm140 Futaba VFD driver was in the LCDProc addon and it was working fine, but it is missing now form the v7.90.010.
    It is possible to get it back?

Sorry for my English.
    Thx.

• Around in the version v7.90.006 the dm140 Futaba VFD driver was in the LCDProc addon and it was working fine, but it is missing now form the v7.90.010.
    It is possible to get it back?

Sorry for my English.
    Thx.

Same for me, would like it back.

• The same is happening in 7.0.3 version, I checked the lcdproc config file and the [DM-140] section is empty!
    Can someone please inform us what has happened?

Thank you.

• Ah... I dropped the Futaba DM-140 patch because it did not apply and I thought it was replaced by another Futaba driver.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I will try to reintroduce it in the next release of the addon

That's great to read (hear), you are referring to LCDProc or to XBMC LCDPRoc addon?

• I am referring to the LibreELEC LCDProc addon for LE 8. Release 8.1.102 has been committed earlier today.
    [hr]
    I have asked to merge the dm140 lcdproc driver upstream, see this pull request.
    This would achieve that the dm140 lcdproc driver is maintained by the lcdproc devs, and maybe updated.

The lcdproc devs are however not very supportive, yet.
    Maybe the lcdproc devs would reconsider their position, if enough dm140 users would support that pull request.

To support the initiative, comment the pull request to kindly ask merging the dm140 driver upstream.
    Thank you for your support.

• Hi again,

Thanks for your commitment, I have commented in the pull request, however I believe that they will not incorporate it due to "conditions not met" issues.
    However could we somehow be given the opportunity to manually add it in our LibreELEC installations?
    Please Check the following to get ideas:

1) Futaba - MythTV Official Wiki (Go to the VFD section and you will see a quick how-to)
    2) Patch for OpenELEC from Henlar (the only person known to have built a driver with info gathered from other enthusiasts) lcdproc-0.5.6-dm140_henlar_v0.2.patch

This sticking to the rules is not always good....

• Here are preview releases of version 8.1.102 of the service.lcdd addon for Generic and RPi2.
    These releases should reintroduce the dm140 driver and enable gpio for hd77480.
    Your feedback is welcome.

Hi awiouy,

Thank you very much for this contribution!
    Is there a guide or how-to to incorporate them in our current builds please?

With regards,

• In LibreELEC 7, LCDProc is built in, and should include dm140

Well that's the issue, the dm140 section in the config file is empty!
    I haven't dug deeper in the filesystem to check if the driver files are there but I could do that if I had some guidance.
    The bottom line is that my LCD is not displaying anything and it is detected correctly (as I have checked with dmesg).
    [hr]
    This is what the LCDd.conf file has for DM140:

Code
    ## DM140 VFD
    [dm140]

It's EMPTY!

Edited once, last by BlackStar (January 12, 2017 at 7:47 PM).

• Here are preview releases of version 8.1.102 of the service.lcdd addon for Generic and RPi2.
    These releases should reintroduce the dm140 driver and enable gpio for hd77480.
    Your feedback is welcome.

Sorry for the late response and thanks for your help.

Now the installed lcdproc version is 8.1.102.
    The module is in the driver directory and it is possible to choose it on gui, but it didn't work.

lcdd.start says:
    Driver [dm140] init failed, return code -1
    Could not load driver dm140
    There is no output driver
    Critical error while initializing, abort.

• Thanks for helping out. Mine is also not working.

kodi.log says:

Code
    20:34:21.099 T:140500258518784   ERROR: ### [XBMC LCDproc] - Connect failed. Retry in 64 seconds.
    20:35:25.170 T:140500258518784   ERROR: ### [XBMC LCDproc] - Connect: Caught exception, aborting.
    20:35:25.170 T:140500258518784   ERROR: ### [XBMC LCDproc] - Connect failed. Giving up. Please fix any connection problems and restart the addon.