[rpi2 addon] moonlight wont launch

• hi yall

there's a moonlight OE addon... that doesn't work in LE.

GitHub - dead/script.moonlight: Moonlight-embedded Addon for Openelec

its saying something about files in /home/chewitt/ ... that why im thinking there's a bug ? like the python path is not set right ?

perhaps the issue is much deeper ? if the team thinks this is more a featureReqeust (to fork this for LE & add to LE repo) please move this thread.

• Official Post

The add-on has some libs with some linking problems.

Unfortunately the author has built the add-on poorly so it cannot be easily updated as the git repo contains pre compiled binaries.

Make an issue report on their github.

• The add-on has some libs with some linking problems.

Unfortunately the author has built the add-on poorly so it cannot be easily updated as the git repo contains pre compiled binaries.

Make an issue report on their github.

How should I do to make the addon easy to update? What is the best way to mantain a addon that has binary dependencies? (And support other devices)
    I'm kinda new to Kodi and Openelec/Libreelec so I really don't know

Edited once, last by dead (May 4, 2016 at 8:33 PM).

• Official Post

How should I do to make the addon easy to update? What is the best way to mantain a addon that has binary dependencies? (And support other devices)
    I'm kinda new to Kodi and Openelec/Libreelec so I really don't know

You need to cross compile the dependencies by using our build system. Look at any of the add-ons we currently compile.

I can help you with this if you'd like as it looks like you depend on a couple things (moonlight, opus)

• You need to cross compile the dependencies by using our build system. Look at any of the add-ons we currently compile.

I can help you with this if you'd like as it looks like you depend on a couple things (moonlight, opus)

I'd appreciate some help! Have no ideia where start... (package.mk?) And how I should handle dependencies that are specific for a device?

• Official Post

I'd appreciate some help! Have no ideia where start... (package.mk?) And how I should handle dependencies that are specific for a device?

I've made all the changes necessary. I'm just going to test and make some commits then I'll upload the sources soon.

Also, is there any reason you run this as a service? To me it looks like you should just call the shell script from within python.

• I've made all the changes necessary. I'm just going to test and make some commits then I'll upload the sources soon.

Also, is there any reason you run this as a service? To me it looks like you should just call the shell script from within python.

The main reason is that moonlight doesn't work with kodi running, if I run the script from python, when kodi is stopped it will kill the script (and moonlight).

Edited once, last by dead (May 5, 2016 at 9:14 PM).

• What doesn't work exactly? video or audio?

Video certainly doesn't work, audio and input I'm not sure...
    And how do I build the addon? I have to build the entire Libreelec? And how I can release it? D: (Found here: LibreELEC)

Edited once, last by dead (May 7, 2016 at 4:39 PM).

• Yes when the addon shows up in the repo

I tried the addon by building it for my build. It's a generic one with an ATI HD5850. It works, but the video decoding is buggy. Lots of artifacts and there's no way to remove them even if i change the bitrate settings and the force video acceleration setting.

Is it normal?